Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23 MXZ Build Sheet

jlh0032

Hello I am considering ordering a 2022      23 MXZ and wanted to see if anyone had a 2021 build sheet with option prices. My family currently owns a 2019 22 LSV and love it. Unfortunately my local dealer is not very friendly especially when I didn’t buy local the first time even though they had their chance to earn my business. 

Also I had several friends purchase boats for about 30ish% off sticker last year but wonder if those days are gone with post covid market. 

Thanks for all the help in advance! 

Sorry, no build sheet to offer but 30% off pre-Covid would have been a smoking deal.    But 30% off now?  I can’t see that happening.  

Any particular option you are looking for?  We may be able to round up a few prices in short order.  

• Like 2

Ya that’s what I figured on price. What do you think current % off would be on a custom order?  I’ve never seen a build sheet with all the options you can choose and it seems like every boat I see is a little different so want to ensure I consider all options with such a big purchase. 

You would have to sit with the dealer to see ALL options.   I thought if you were curious on a few options specifically, someone here could give you MSRP for it, even for a 2022 build.  

I have a 21 23 MXZ that I took Delivery on about 2.5 weeks ago. Can certainly send my build sheet.  I think I have all the good options, nothing special.  I was already stepping into the future from my 12 Supra......let me figure out how I can load a pic/pdf....

On 6/28/2021 at 12:14 PM, FX41 said:

I have a 21 23 MXZ that I took Delivery on about 2.5 weeks ago. Can certainly send my build sheet.  I think I have all the good options, nothing special.  I was already stepping into the future from my 12 Supra......let me figure out how I can load a pic/pdf....

I am considering a 23 MXZ for 2022.  You happy with the boat?  

spacer.png

That is not what I paid either....but that was total MSRP.

After a couple of weekends out with her now, I wish I had the following:

-Transom remote (never used it in the old boat but found about half a dozen times when I wished I could turn it up from the back seats)

-Flip down swim step (wife)

-Wish I had some metallic in the gel coat (not a lot, but some)

-The upgraded coating on the trailer

3 hours ago, FX41 said:

That is not what I paid either....but that was total MSRP.

After a couple of weekends out with her now, I wish I had the following:

-Transom remote (never used it in the old boat but found about half a dozen times when I wished I could turn it up from the back seats)

-Flip down swim step (wife)

-Wish I had some metallic in the gel coat (not a lot, but some)

-The upgraded coating on the trailer

I can't help the other stuff but you could use your surf band to adjust volume back there.

Edited by dcarl

As someone who just sold a 2020 23 MXZ and moved to a 25 LSV I would suggest you demo the boat in rough water and a boat full of people.  I loved the design but absolutely hated the way it rode in rough water (hits like a truck instead of slicing through the waves) and the nose is significantly lower on the water than the LSV line.  It was bad enough that I sold the boat after one season.  I had my last boat 12 years for comparison.  Just my .02.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, djheywood said:

As someone who just sold a 2020 23 MXZ and moved to a 25 LSV I would suggest you demo the boat in rough water and a boat full of people.  I loved the design but absolutely hated the way it rode in rough water (hits like a truck instead of slicing through the waves) and the nose is significantly lower on the water than the LSV line.  It was bad enough that I sold the boat after one season.  I had my last boat 12 years for comparison.  Just my .02.

This is truth....she does ride a little rough, and I've had to really work my technique on pickups to not take water over the bow....

53 minutes ago, FX41 said:

This is truth....she does ride a little rough, and I've had to really work my technique on pickups to not take water over the bow....

We had a 22 LSV last year, the 23 MXZ is harder to keep water from coming over the bow for sure.  That said everyone loves the space, don't think the crew would ever want to go back to an LSV.  The lake we spend the most time on is not particularly rough in general.

24 minutes ago, Surf4FamFun said:

We had a 22 LSV last year, the 23 MXZ is harder to keep water from coming over the bow for sure.  That said everyone loves the space, don't think the crew would ever want to go back to an LSV.  The lake we spend the most time on is not particularly rough in general.

Absolutely......the wife does enjoy her bow time with friends and drinks, while I drive in circles, lol

The MXZ will be a winner when they give it about 8" more freeboard.  The first day we took that boat out my wife was fairly upset with how easy the nose dipped water.  I didn't test drive it, was in denial for half a season until I spent 2 weeks on lake tahoe and was not very happy.  I will miss the bow but ill get over it.  Im usually driving anyways