Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A Wrinkle in the TMC Fabric?

justgary

So I noticed that a post I made earlier today is gone.  I also noticed that the database may have skipped an index or something since the recent posts list shows the wrong names with post topics.  As an example, here is a snapshot of the web site as I see it now.  If you look in the Maintenance Forum, user macdaddy never posted to the "Spark Arrestor part number" thread.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

May be your device, I don't see that. What post did you not see of yours?

Interesting.  I posted about ballroom dancing not too long after Braindamage made this post:

I really don't have an answer for you. It looks like your posts here are not disappearing. If one of the Mods have issues with a post, not saying yours did, they know to leave a note stating what and why which is visible to the Admins/Mods. There's nothing there to indicate any issues for them either.

Keep an eye on your posts if you will and if you see anything else suspicious, let me know.

Thanks,

Ronnie

14 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I really don't have an answer for you. It looks like your posts here are not disappearing. If one of the Mods have issues with a post, not saying yours did, they know to leave a note stating what and why which is visible to the Admins/Mods. There's nothing there to indicate any issues for them either.

Keep an eye on your posts if you will and if you see anything else suspicious, let me know.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Thanks, Ronnie.  I wasn't going to say anything about the missing post until I noticed the error from the site with the macdaddy post shown above.  I recall having a missing post a week or so ago as well, but assumed that maybe I didn't click Submit.

It is hard for me to believe that my browser could cause that error, since it seems like a database issue.  After looking at some code for the Discussions page, the server is producing the HTML for the most recent thread and the profile link for the most recent poster in that thread.  The browser just shows what was served in that case.  I'm pretty sure that the most recent thread was correct, but the most recent poster in that thread was wrong (as I recall, macdaddy was the most recent poster in the second recent thread, and I was the most recent in the Spark Arrestor thread, which is why I noticed that it was wrong.

I'll try to notice these things more closely in the future and let you know if I see anything that I can point a finger directly to.