Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for engine serial number


Recommended Posts

Hi, I would like to order spare parts for my Malibu boat so I can tune it up but I am not able to find the engine serial number. I have the Indmar shop manual for the engine and have looked in all the places they have mentioned the serial number maybe located but it is not visible......Can anyone help? The boat is an 1998 Malibu Echelon MB2 Indmar Monsoon 320 (inboard engine with inline transmission).

Some other info I have found on the motor: Firing Order: 18436572

Link to post
58 minutes ago, Gingerman said:

Hi, I would like to order spare parts for my Malibu boat so I can tune it up but I am not able to find the engine serial number. I have the Indmar shop manual for the engine and have looked in all the places they have mentioned the serial number maybe located but it is not visible......Can anyone help? The boat is an 1998 Malibu Echelon MB2 Indmar Monsoon 320 (inboard engine with inline transmission).

Some other info I have found on the motor: Firing Order: 18436572

Mine is on a sticker on the starboard side of the oil pan.  Honestly though, the parts are pretty standard for a tune up.

Link to post

 I have checked the oil pan, no luck. I was thinking the same about the parts (this should not be hard) but I have asked our local suppliers and Malibu directly and know one will help without the engine serial number. I have replaced the spark plugs but would also like to replace the Rotar, distributor cap, spark plug leads etc. No part numbers on anything....

Link to post
14 minutes ago, Gingerman said:

 I have checked the oil pan, no luck. I was thinking the same about the parts (this should not be hard) but I have asked our local suppliers and Malibu directly and know one will help without the engine serial number. I have replaced the spark plugs but would also like to replace the Rotar, distributor cap, spark plug leads etc. No part numbers on anything....

The manual has all the part numbers for common tune up parts.

Link to post

Rotor and cap could be matched up at an auto parts store, basic small block Chevy stuff.  Spark plug wires need to route around the exhaust manifolds so a typical universal kit will work.

Link to post
5 minutes ago, Woodski said:

Rotor and cap could be matched up at an auto parts store, basic small block Chevy stuff.  Spark plug wires need to route around the exhaust manifolds so a typical universal kit will work.

And it pays to pay more and get the cap and rotor with brass contacts instead of aluminum.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...