Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Throttle lever easily pushed forward creating dangerous condition

Couvewakesetter

I have a Malibu 23 LSV. I’ve noticed several times when I lean forward to pick something up off floor under steering wheel or lean forward quickly toward right of window it’s super easy to push the throttle forward inadvertently and the boat can take off.  Seems like throttle should lock into place or that it should take some effort to displace it. Wondering if I’m missing an internal part regulating the throttle position.  Seems like an accident waiting to happen.

As an after thought. The above parts (2 per throttle assembly on my 2010) add tension to the throttle arm base to keep it from going WOT once engaged. If you can engage the throttle from the vertical and designed locked position with out pulling up with your fingers on the plate below the throttle knob/ball you are most likely missing the detent spring and or detent pin that is housed in the back side of the throttle arm and assembly. In either case your dealer should have one. Good luck.

• Like 2