Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Universally disliked Malibu changes

hethj7

I dislike they killed the g4 also and put speakers back above seating/heads. 

I sincerely dislike that it's nearly 2022 and we still are missing a 27lsv especially since they shrunk the open space in the 25

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Chaabo said:

know it’s all personal preference, but when we decided on a new boat, I just couldn’t stand the looks of the new TXI. (And can’t till today.) it’s just so damn ugly. I didn’t even considered it as an option when shopping for a new one a few years ago.

Yep. I’m not in the market for a new ski boat, but unless Malibu does something substantial with a redesign, I’ll probably be moving to another brand IF I decide to upgrade.

• Like 1

-The factory oem bluetooth modules that don’t control iPhone were pretty universally griped about.

-lack of pop up cleats near the front so your boat likes to drag the stern into the dock. 
-The pre 2014 wake setter side hull graphics were pretty bad.  I’m so glad I got a 2014 over a 2013 for that reason alone.  
-I hate having to pay $4k for a set of new screens but I would gladly pay it to retain their functionality.  My friend has a 2015 tige he ordered “without all the tech” cuz he was cheap and convinced he didn’t want it.  Long story short all that boat can do is wakeboard without getting fat sacs out and manually filling /draining for 2 hours.  So nice to have a screen and presets to control everything.  Also, he never once used warranty.

5 hours ago, PNWoke said:

-The pre 2014 wake setter side hull graphics were pretty bad.  I’m so glad I got a 2014 over a 2013 for that reason alone.  

Nice thing is that was really easy to fix.

07212014_cropped800.jpg

06072020.jpeg

Edited by oldjeep

Yep looks awesome these years had awesome lines cheers man!  I think Malibu’s current graphic are the best and cleanest ones yet.

• Like 2
On 6/25/2021 at 10:56 AM, martinarcher said:

Here's the stomp pads in the 2018 23LSV.

image.thumb.png.f96bd906533f84fab1fc6f1b7284e636.png

Agree with the stomp pad. Good idea bad execution. I removed the one from my lower seat this year. Just spent time in a 19 Supra SA 450 and it also has a stomp pad on the lower seat but was executed better. It is slightly recessed instead of raised on the seat and can actually be set on without nearly as much complaining.

2016 Raptor engine noise. Fantastic engine. Noisy drivetrain. They sure insulated a whole lot better on 2017+. 

And I know it’s not on topic. But I really wish there was a way to have a teak platform with all the gear back there now. I love that look and material. Bit of maintenance though for sure. 

• Like 1

This is not one they have not done yet but wish they did.   Need to have some sort of exhaust cutout on the surf pipe.  Sometimes you want some of the engine noise while not surfing.   If they can have a power swim step for 2022, surely they can have an power exhaust cutout.

3 minutes ago, Txstoj said:

This is not one they have not done yet but wish they did.   Need to have some sort of exhaust cutout on the surf pipe.  Sometimes you want some of the engine noise while not surfing.   If they can have a power swim step for 2022, surely they can have an power exhaust cutout.

The old  captains call noisemaker?

1 hour ago, martinarcher said:

I agree.  I'd love a FAE when surfing but I'm not willing to give up that small block symphony I slalom ski to.  

I'm sure you could build a motor/gear driven articulating elbow that when in the up position was a straight pipe (other than the 90s through the elbows) and could be deployed down for surfing.

• Like 1