Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

riser and exhaust temp

hello everyone. on my 2000 hammerhead I installed a 180 degree thermostat. the collectors are warm but the risers are warmer and at the maximum after traction of wakeboard they rise to 150 degrees max. Do you find it normal and safe? thank you all for your answers!!

1 hour ago, Charlotte2 said:

yes origin 160 but it is advisable on this forum to put a 180

I would expect the manifolds and risers to stabilize at the same temperature as the thermostat.  Perhaps the risers will cool a bit at higher speed because of increased flow from the raw water pump.

How did you measure your manifold and riser temperatures?  An IR gun is pretty cheap, and works very well for finding hot spots on your engine.

https://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Thermometer-Non-Contact-Digital-Temperature/dp/B07V26XHCG

9 hours ago, Charlotte2 said:

...and at the maximum after traction of wakeboard they rise to 150 degrees max.

OK, I see English is probably not your primary language, so I edited my response...my question: are you saying after a session of pulling a wakeboard that your risers only go to 150 degrees?

Either way, which ever thermostat you use, your engine temperature should be staying within 2-3 degrees of that units designed temp.  I've never worried about my risers if my engine is operating at its designed 160 temperature.  There is plenty of "bypass" cold lake water that doesn't go through the engine that goes to the risers, thereby getting more cooling than the engine block.

yes,

IR gun:

my risers only go to 150 degrees

the engine remains at a temperature of 160 gauge

the thermostat is a 180

thank you for your understanding I translate with Google France ..

46 minutes ago, formulaben said:

OK, I see English is probably not your primary language, so I edited my response...my question: are you saying after a session of pulling a wakeboard that your risers only go to 150 degrees?

Either way, which ever thermostat you use, your engine temperature should be staying within 2-3 degrees of that units designed temp.  I've never worried about my risers if my engine is operating at its designed 160 temperature.  There is plenty of "bypass" cold lake water that doesn't go through the engine that goes to the risers, thereby getting more cooling than the engine block.

are you saying after a session of pulling a wakeboard that your risers only go to 150 degrees?

Yes.. It is good ? 

2 minutes ago, formulaben said:

Vous allez bien, allez profiter de votre bateau!  (probably a horrible translation :lol: )

does this mean that the temperature is correct? 

(translation is almost perfect!)😂 

7 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Ces températures sonnent bien. 

Steve B.

9 minutes ago, formulaben said:

Oui, les températures des élévateurs sont parfaites.  :Pouce en l'air:

3 hours ago, justgary said:

Je m'attendrais à ce que les collecteurs et les colonnes montantes se stabilisent à la même température que le thermostat. Peut-être que les colonnes montantes refroidiront un peu à une vitesse plus élevée en raison du débit accru de la pompe à eau brute.

Comment avez-vous mesuré vos températures de collecteur et de colonne montante ? Un pistolet IR est assez bon marché et fonctionne très bien pour trouver des points chauds sur votre moteur.

https://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Thermometer-Non-Contact-Digital-Temperature/dp/B07V26XHCG

Thank you very much... Enjoy all your boats well.. a big hello from France for you... 

bye

• Like 3