Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 23 LSV With GSA Need Advice

Zippymbr

I just finished installing the GSA to my LSV and want some advice on wave set up.  My boat has the 5 hard tanks plus 850 Summo in each rear locker.  I also have 400 pounds of lead in 50 pound bags I can move around.  The goofy wave is awesome of course but still working on ballast set up.  Any advice would be appreciated.  

I have the vlx hull with GSA.  GSA likes more weight in the rear than a surfgate system.  A good starting point is a 30 front to 70 rear ratio for ballast.  I swapped 750s for 1000s in the rear lockers and added engine compartment divider panel reinforcement so I could fill them as full as possible.  

With a 3 to 5 person crew, I run all hard tanks and rear bags full. 150 lbs lead under middle seat in vdrive tray. 50 lbs lead under each rear seat port and starboard.  300 lbs plumbed ballast bag under coffin seat for slight list to enhance regular side wave. 50 lbs lead under spotter seat and 200 lbs lead in bow as far forward as possible. Floating wedge and 10.4 to 11.2 depending on rider.  Use the dial on the controller and speed to adjust the wave.  With larger crew I drain some ballast depending on where they are seated.  Hope that helps.

5 hours ago, bovhica said:

I have the vlx hull with GSA.  GSA likes more weight in the rear than a surfgate system.  A good starting point is a 30 front to 70 rear ratio for ballast.  I swapped 750s for 1000s in the rear lockers and added engine compartment divider panel reinforcement so I could fill them as full as possible.  

With a 3 to 5 person crew, I run all hard tanks and rear bags full. 150 lbs lead under middle seat in vdrive tray. 50 lbs lead under each rear seat port and starboard.  300 lbs plumbed ballast bag under coffin seat for slight list to enhance regular side wave. 50 lbs lead under spotter seat and 200 lbs lead in bow as far forward as possible. Floating wedge and 10.4 to 11.2 depending on rider.  Use the dial on the controller and speed to adjust the wave.  With larger crew I drain some ballast depending on where they are seated.  Hope that helps.

Thanks for the set up that is a great starting point 

I have a 06 lsv with the gsa.  I run 1140's in the rear ( probably only get 950 in them), an almost full triangle bag in bow, full stock, and around 300 in lead.  Power wedge just a bit up from fully deployed.  If it is only my wife and daughter we do a five hundred pounder on the floor.  It takes more weight with the gsa but makes a much better wake once dialed in.

• Like 2