Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Push to start

I have a 2013 Wakesetter VTX & my Engine Start on touch screen command center is working sporadically & is not working more & more.  All other functions on the command center work fine.  Has anyone else experienced this problem & if so- what do I need to do please?  Thank you. 

3 hours ago, Craigr said:

I have a 2013 Wakesetter VTX & my Engine Start on touch screen command center is working sporadically & is not working more & more.  All other functions on the command center work fine.  Has anyone else experienced this problem & if so- what do I need to do please?  Thank you. 

If you look at the screen does it appear to be delaminating around the edges?

Mine has significant delam around the entire border and works flawlessly still, but I’m waiting to pay the the wake setter tax and hoping it holds out.  Does your boat have the key start bypass installed? If not get one of those installed because it’s good insurance just in case.

I don't see any delam on the screen.  The guy at the dealer where I took it to get a new actuator for the surf gate said he thinks it's a film or dirt on it.  The boat is at the dealer, but will clean more than my normal wipe down I guess.  I tried the key but it won't turn at all.  The boat will eventually start with push button but could take 10-25 tries.  How much is a new screen? 

1 minute ago, Craigr said:

I don't see any delam on the screen.  The guy at the dealer where I took it to get a new actuator for the surf gate said he thinks it's a film or dirt on it.  The boat is at the dealer, but will clean more than my normal wipe down I guess.  I tried the key but it won't turn at all.  The boat will eventually start with push button but could take 10-25 tries.  How much is a new screen? 

New screen is around 2k