Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Axis T22 M5di Serpentine Belt Came off

So my serpentine belt is off ... 

Does anyone have a diagram or a clue how this thing goes back on ? 

Was a little fathers day surprise for me I did not warranty my boat yes I might be crying

Depending on where you are standing, either a 1/2” or 12.7mm drive ratchet will insert into the belt tensioner provision to loosen it up to install the belt. Page 179 in the OM has this picture. 38D78EBD-C648-43DB-BDDB-B063BBF7F223.thumb.png.e0e757cc6d91775f03c86078b5e48839.png

Might want to check the 2 water pump housing bolts for tightness. They are behind the big center upper most pulley. 2 open end 15mm wrenches will get them tight. Unless a pulley is loose, that is about the only place I could see causing the belt to come off. 

4 minutes ago, wdr said:

Depending on where you are standing, either a 1/2” or 12.7mm drive ratchet will insert into the belt tensioner provision to loosen it up to install the belt. Page 179 in the OM has this picture. 38D78EBD-C648-43DB-BDDB-B063BBF7F223.thumb.png.e0e757cc6d91775f03c86078b5e48839.png

Do you know if I can find the OM online anywhere ? 

The belt will also come off if an idler pulley fails.  That is the most likely failure since idlers usually have only one bearing.

You can generally figure out belt routing in a pinch by recognizing that driven parts usually have grooves and touch the inside of the belt, while idlers or low-torque parts are smooth and touch the outside of the belt.  If you get the belt on and it touches all of the pulleys without any slack, you probably did it right.