Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 Malibu Wakesetter MLS

MichaelEVB

Hello,

I just recently got a 2004 malibu wakesetter; being completely new to this and first tine boat owner I am a bit confused about the ballast system.

Ive struggled to find detailed descriptions on specific boat models so I thought I’d give this post a try. 

If I’m correct the boat should have 3 tanks since there are 3 fill/drain switches on the console, however where are the tanks located? 

Also how is the level of these tanks controlled? 

One tank in each rear locker & one in belly of boat.  Levels are controlled by the switches.  Manual drain & fill levels I don't believe they had ballast gauges yet in 04 but someone may correct me that owns one......

I have an 04 23LSV. We have 4 tanks. One in the bow, one in the belly and 2 side rear hard tanks.  There are no gauges for water levels on them.  I fill them till the overflow has water pouring out. I then can let little out here and there to fine tune.  I also run 650 bags in the rear and am trying to DIY a piggyback system.