Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New lines on the 25 LSV


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • guitarcrazy

    32

  • 4mc

    31

  • Chappy

    24

  • BarliBear

    17

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine has finally arrived. Got to ride along on the lake test today. I agree with Wkerat, storage is insane. Thought we would lose space having the second sub but the extra 4” of freeboard more than ma

Ok malibros,    Got our first weekend on it and this thing is sick!!!   Physical Appearance Still getting used to it a bit as I really liked the lines on the 19 model and I’m

She’s here! Stereo install complete, dealer needs a few days for prep. Picking her up next Thursday. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, DDuke said:

When was your “spray date?”

Congrats, BTW. 

Thanks! I hope it delivers. I’m trying to keep my stoke level tempered…

Spray date was 7/23 with a delivery date of 8/2. I think it was about a week behind but then they had some shipping issues getting it out here and I think it was here last Friday 8/20.

Link to post
2 hours ago, BarliBear said:

Thanks! I hope it delivers. I’m trying to keep my stoke level tempered…

Spray date was 7/23 with a delivery date of 8/2. I think it was about a week behind but then they had some shipping issues getting it out here and I think it was here last Friday 8/20.

Did the storms in TN impact Malibu.

Link to post
wakesonthesnake
57 minutes ago, Chappy said:

I have a triple and will never go back.  How often do you need to do a U-turn when towing versus how often do you tow at speed in a straight line.  Trips are worth every penny if you have to tow on a regular basis!

Most of the ramps are tight here in the Eastern side of Wa and there would be tons of scrubbing every time I launch at the three I frequent most often.  Most all of the equipment trailers up to 14000 pounds are tandem singles including mine and they tow great. 

Link to post
35 minutes ago, wakesonthesnake said:

Most of the ramps are tight here in the Eastern side of Wa and there would be tons of scrubbing every time I launch at the three I frequent most often.  Most all of the equipment trailers up to 14000 pounds are tandem singles including mine and they tow great. 

My utility trailers are also tandem on 14K. But I love that nice soft tow for my Bu! :biggrin: I will admit I had a hard time coughing up the extra money for it. But I will never go back to a tandem on a heavy boat. My 25LSV at close to 10k pulled better than my 07 21LSV. And I pull with a Ram 3500 SRW.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

Have you guys pulled one of these big heavy boats on a triple? It is night and day difference.

No, but my comment had more to do with the dealer claim, than the actual functionality. 

I haul a fair amount, and, with the caveat that I drive a diesel powered F350, I have never noticed a significant highway difference between a tri-axle, and a tandem, with this light of a load.  There may be some boat trailer specific design constraints, that change the calculus. 

I'm much more concerned with the additional low speed, tight turn, wear and tear on the tri-axle. 

I've already destroyed one camper axle due to this issue. 

I have to admit, the tri looks way better, especially under the 25. It should help resale by catching more eyes.

  • Like 2
Link to post
3 hours ago, Chappy said:

I have a triple and will never go back.  How often do you need to do a U-turn when towing versus how often do you tow at speed in a straight line.  Trips are worth every penny if you have to tow on a regular basis!

Hey, to each his own. I don’t tow a lot but when I launch there is usually one or more tight turns involved. 
 

i’m certainly not going to die on a hill on a topic about towing a boat. Riding behind one on the other hand…

Edited by BarliBear
  • Like 1
Link to post
11 hours ago, bigskydoc said:

Sounds like he wants a cut of the $6,000 premium on the unnecessary tri-axle to me. 

Might want to check your math skippy.

Or get a better deal on your boat from your dealer

  • Haha 2
Link to post
ZephyrBlueBu
8 hours ago, 4mc said:

The one real option that matters 2 all at the moment is ZephyrBlue's potential option to take a personal day from work and get on the water.  We need more pics and info!

 

Or anyone else that has received their delivery.

 

 

On 8/23/2021 at 5:49 AM, AWADD09 said:

I noticed that with the boat builder. Sent my dealer the pics of your interior as I couldn’t replicate those interior accents on boat builder.   Which interior accent or interior option did you select for the black.  I think it adds the perfect amount of contrast accent for the interior.  

Here is the breakdown of the colors inside and out. 

C5F6710C-1C66-4D66-9F49-885A4E198002.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
ZephyrBlueBu
8 hours ago, BarliBear said:

Just got notice that ours will be ready on Friday. After reading your posts and hearing his report of, “it looks sweeeet” I’m so pumped to get out this weekend 

Awesome and exciting. Only been able to find pictures of 4 others in the wild! Looking forward to running in to another new one on the lake and checking out the different color combos 

  • Like 2
Link to post
7 hours ago, ZephyrBlueBu said:

Awesome and exciting. Only been able to find pictures of 4 others in the wild! Looking forward to running in to another new one on the lake and checking out the different color combos 

Soooo nice.  Notice the dog also approves.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Five Cent Worth

Glad we got the trailer / trailering debate out of the way.  Can we get the financing debate done and over with as well?  ;) :cheers:

Love this boat.  Your black looks somewhat blue against the gray.  Could be just the photos.  Really like it.  Congrats!

Is the freeboard increase noticeable vs the MXZ?

For those that want more photos - his boat has been shared all over IG.  

Link to post
12 hours ago, Stevo said:

Might want to check your math skippy.

Or get a better deal on your boat from your dealer

M240 MSRP

With tri-axle trailer - $316,794

With tandem trailer - $310,124

This is MSRP straight from the Malibu dealer build software, not a price quote. Same boat. Only difference is the trailer.  

After my discount is applied to both, the difference is approximately $5,200. YMMV.

The difference on the 25 LSV may be less. I don't know as I haven't built one. 

Link to post
6 hours ago, bigskydoc said:

After my discount is applied to both, the difference is approximately $5,200. YMMV.

 

18 hours ago, Stevo said:

Or get a better deal on your boat from your dealer

Enough said😂😂😂

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post

Unsurprising. The peanut gallery offering no real-world numbers, or advice, just mockery.  

I'm sharing the actual numbers, straight from Malibu and the dealer.  People who are considering an order can take these numbers and interpret them according to their personal situation/ negotiating ability. 

Of course we can all negotiate a better deal on the tri-axle. You know what else we can do?  Negotiate a better deal on the tandem.

So, how about it, Sparky and Stevo?  How about some real-world numbers, or do you think that anyone can just waltz into their local dealer, in 2021, and successfully demand 30% off MSRP, plus a free tri-axle trailer?

Link to post

I don't get the argument about trailers.  If you like the triple, get it.  If you are like me and don't need it, don't get it.  It is stupid to argue that someone should or shouldn't get an option.  Everybody's situation is different.  I know some people who order no trailer at all.  Should they be pressured to get a trailer?  Every option adds cost, no matter how brilliant a negotiator you are.  Some aren't worth the cost to some buyers.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
2 hours ago, bigskydoc said:

Unsurprising. The peanut gallery offering no real-world numbers, or advice, just mockery.  

I'm sharing the actual numbers, straight from Malibu and the dealer.  People who are considering an order can take these numbers and interpret them according to their personal situation/ negotiating ability. 

Of course we can all negotiate a better deal on the tri-axle. You know what else we can do?  Negotiate a better deal on the tandem.

So, how about it, Sparky and Stevo?  How about some real-world numbers, or do you think that anyone can just waltz into their local dealer, in 2021, and successfully demand 30% off MSRP, plus a free tri-axle trailer?

Your “actual” numbers were laughable which is why you got a snarky response.

pretty sure M240 comes with a 3axle included and the 6k difference is because of “no trailer”

when I was  pricing 2021’s 25lsv’s the msrp  between 2 axle and 3 axle was $1887 for the 3rd axle

so yeah….

On 8/24/2021 at 7:48 PM, Stevo said:

Might want to check your math skippy.

Or get a better deal on your boat from your dealer

Here is a build sheet breakdown I went ahead and highlighted for you.

867AB025-8C08-43A6-8346-35C46F29D6D3.jpeg

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 2
Link to post

Stevo, post your build sheet for the 25 LSV.  I would like to compare it to mine.  I ordered the standard tandem trailer, no upgraded wheels, no add-on colors, only the transom steps.  It would be interesting to see how much more your trailer is going to be.  

Link to post
On 8/25/2021 at 8:12 AM, bigskydoc said:

M240 MSRP

With tri-axle trailer - $316,794

With tandem trailer - $310,124

The difference on the 25 LSV may be less. I don't know as I haven't built one. 

Here’s a 240 trailer build breakdown.

strange that there is no line charge cost for a triple axle, kinda like 240 includes a 3axle 🤔

9241E4A5-8D86-430C-B270-490204BFF21F.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...