Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New lines on the 25 LSV


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • guitarcrazy

    32

  • 4mc

    31

  • Chappy

    24

  • BarliBear

    17

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine has finally arrived. Got to ride along on the lake test today. I agree with Wkerat, storage is insane. Thought we would lose space having the second sub but the extra 4” of freeboard more than ma

Ok malibros,    Got our first weekend on it and this thing is sick!!!   Physical Appearance Still getting used to it a bit as I really liked the lines on the 19 model and I’m

She’s here! Stereo install complete, dealer needs a few days for prep. Picking her up next Thursday. 

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Chappy said:

Killed it on the exterior but this is a classic example where the tan soft grip (which is completely overused IMO) completely ruined the boat. If they had gone with gray soft grip this boat would have been fire!

man isn't that the truth! just doesn't look right on the interior photo ( or maybe I am just old but the brown doesn't go with the boat at all imo .)

Link to post
2 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

man isn't that the truth! just doesn't look right on the interior photo ( or maybe I am just old but the brown doesn't go with the boat at all imo .)

For some reason, the dealers and boat designers love to use the tan soft grip and many times they miss the mark.  That boat is a perfect example!

  • Like 2
Link to post

I think the soft grip should match one of the colors on the interior.  If you use tan seats then the tan softgrip works, imo.  On that boat the brown is all by itself with nothing to tie it together with the rest of the boat.  I am going to order the Sepia this time, that was the one choice I wish I had made with my last build. 

Link to post
On 8/31/2021 at 12:18 PM, smuurph84 said:

man isn't that the truth! just doesn't look right on the interior photo ( or maybe I am just old but the brown doesn't go with the boat at all imo .)

Those new Wetsounds Rev 10 cans are also very ugly!  Looks like they were trying to make them look like Ironman mask!

Edited by shenard
Link to post
2 hours ago, shenard said:

Those new Wetsounds Rev 10 cans are also very ugly!  Looks like they were trying to make them look like Ironman mask!

I wasn't a big fan either, until I saw them in person. Immediately changed my stereo plans. 

Link to post
6 minutes ago, ctvandy23 said:

Thought so too, but take a look.  I think it really works well with the Zephyr.  The grey soft grip would just be too much!

49290CE5-98C6-4D92-8B3C-F1AE07366257.jpeg

11368A8C-7214-44E2-9AC8-9EE5C3A45280.jpeg

I think it works here because your top deck gel matches your vinyl 

  • Like 2
Link to post

Well I demoed it and took the plunge yesterday. 

It has the biggest wakeboard wake I have ever been on. Absolutely gigantic with 500lbs of extra lead and a 1000 lb sac. 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Gene3x said:

Well I demoed it and took the plunge yesterday. 

It has the biggest wakeboard wake I have ever been on. Absolutely gigantic with 500lbs of extra lead and a 1000 lb sac. 

Was the sack ballast the plug and play or in addition to PNP?

Link to post
On 9/2/2021 at 12:39 PM, shenard said:

Those new Wetsounds Rev 10 cans are also very ugly!  Looks like they were trying to make them look like Ironman mask!

Man I was one who loved the new cans after seeing them. I felt the old can was in serious need of an update. 

Link to post
On 9/2/2021 at 12:39 PM, shenard said:

Those new Wetsounds Rev 10 cans are also very ugly!  Looks like they were trying to make them look like Ironman mask!

I actually like the new speaker covers!

Link to post
22 hours ago, ctvandy23 said:

Thought so too, but take a look.  I think it really works well with the Zephyr.  The grey soft grip would just be too much!

49290CE5-98C6-4D92-8B3C-F1AE07366257.jpeg

11368A8C-7214-44E2-9AC8-9EE5C3A45280.jpeg

Those colors are close to what I ordered on my 2021 23 LSV.  I went with gray soft grip, and while this looks nice, I still prefer to have it match one of the colors on the boat.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
22 hours ago, ctvandy23 said:

Thought so too, but take a look.  I think it really works well with the Zephyr.  The grey soft grip would just be too much!

49290CE5-98C6-4D92-8B3C-F1AE07366257.jpeg

11368A8C-7214-44E2-9AC8-9EE5C3A45280.jpeg

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this topic.  I just can't buy into gray and tan being used together.  Different tones, cool and warm and looks chopped up to me. Glad you like it though and at the end of the day that is all that matters!

  • Like 2
Link to post
27 minutes ago, SOcalSurfer said:

I felt the old can was in serious need of an update. 

Completely agree!  I also have never been a fan of having my speakers exposed and the old speakers are dust and spider magnets!

Edited by Chappy
Link to post
Just now, Chappy said:

Completely agree!  I also have never been a fan of having my speakers exposed and the old speakers are dust and spider magnetsQ

Agree.  Much more modern looking and easier to care for.  

Link to post

I went to the dealer today and looked at a Nassau Blue Metallic Axis they just received.  It is a beautiful color.  My crew is waffling though, and now we are looking at Tuscan gold color schemes.  Too many chefs......

Link to post
42 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

I went to the dealer today and looked at a Nassau Blue Metallic Axis they just received.  It is a beautiful color.  My crew is waffling though, and now we are looking at Tuscan gold color schemes.  Too many chefs......

The key word in your post is "crew".  Be the captain and make the choice.

Link to post

I am the Captain, and when I fly the plane or helicopter that is true.  But when it comes to the boat my First Mate has a lot of influence.  :salute:

Link to post
7 hours ago, 4mc said:

The key word in your post is "crew".  Be the captain and make the choice.

First mate and crew is the ONLY reason my boat is white, blue and silver. That, and Dallas Cowboys colors have pretty good resale potential in DFW. 😂

Link to post
11 hours ago, Gene3x said:

Well I demoed it and took the plunge yesterday. 

It has the biggest wakeboard wake I have ever been on. Absolutely gigantic with 500lbs of extra lead and a 1000 lb sac. 

It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday sir! Glad you signed up, can’t wait to see what you and your better half come up with.

Link to post
12 hours ago, DFW said:

OK, I figured out the Inland boat “one off” stripe. Took delivery of the new boat yesterday and put her in the water tonight to start the break in period.

C7197A61-B4DD-4CB9-AD2C-C045CF63FBE6.thumb.jpeg.44d57c7ca5ab1918d6d368d8eed5900d.jpeg
 

Jumped in the water to cool off and there it was…

B9144544-33E9-4E57-AE33-F224B623D7D5.thumb.jpeg.96cc2e3f98d640e4f3fd43c2081b9810.jpeg

7E885022-8EE7-442A-BEA4-48A4EC93F15C.thumb.jpeg.3d290724c194b3838d40c4c1f6a8660c.jpeg

There is a secondary accent line in the hull. If you look closely this is where the factory taped the “hull accent 1” line on the Inland boat. I’ve see half a dozen of 2022 25 LSV’s live and never noticed this subtle contour until tonight. Although I prefer the Inland stripe, we’re really happy overall with the way she turned out.

Additional impressions, including LT4 and surf wave as we put the first 10hrs on her this weekend.

Very good observation, and thanks for thinking to get in the water and take those pics. I totally see what you’re talking about and how they could tape the boat differently along various creases. 

Your boat looks GREAT regardless. And I am loving those Cowboy colors!! 

Edited by IXFE
Link to post
11 hours ago, DFW said:

OK, I figured out the Inland boat “one off” stripe. Took delivery of the new boat yesterday and put her in the water tonight to start the break in period.

C7197A61-B4DD-4CB9-AD2C-C045CF63FBE6.thumb.jpeg.44d57c7ca5ab1918d6d368d8eed5900d.jpeg
 

Jumped in the water to cool off and there it was…

B9144544-33E9-4E57-AE33-F224B623D7D5.thumb.jpeg.96cc2e3f98d640e4f3fd43c2081b9810.jpeg

7E885022-8EE7-442A-BEA4-48A4EC93F15C.thumb.jpeg.3d290724c194b3838d40c4c1f6a8660c.jpeg

There is a secondary accent line in the hull. If you look closely this is where the factory taped the “hull accent 1” line on the Inland boat. I’ve see half a dozen of 2022 25 LSV’s live and never noticed this subtle contour until tonight. Although I prefer the Inland stripe, we’re really happy overall with the way she turned out.

Additional impressions, including LT4 and surf wave as we put the first 10hrs on her this weekend.

Congratulations!

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...