Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New lines on the 25 LSV

Sixer

39 minutes ago, Chappy said:

Killed it on the exterior but this is a classic example where the tan soft grip (which is completely overused IMO) completely ruined the boat. If they had gone with gray soft grip this boat would have been fire!

man isn't that the truth! just doesn't look right on the interior photo ( or maybe I am just old but the brown doesn't go with the boat at all imo .)

2 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

man isn't that the truth! just doesn't look right on the interior photo ( or maybe I am just old but the brown doesn't go with the boat at all imo .)

For some reason, the dealers and boat designers love to use the tan soft grip and many times they miss the mark.  That boat is a perfect example!

• Like 2

I think the soft grip should match one of the colors on the interior.  If you use tan seats then the tan softgrip works, imo.  On that boat the brown is all by itself with nothing to tie it together with the rest of the boat.  I am going to order the Sepia this time, that was the one choice I wish I had made with my last build. 

On 8/31/2021 at 12:18 PM, smuurph84 said:

Those new Wetsounds Rev 10 cans are also very ugly!  Looks like they were trying to make them look like Ironman mask!

Edited by shenard
2 hours ago, shenard said:

Those new Wetsounds Rev 10 cans are also very ugly!  Looks like they were trying to make them look like Ironman mask!

I wasn't a big fan either, until I saw them in person. Immediately changed my stereo plans. 

6 minutes ago, ctvandy23 said:

Thought so too, but take a look.  I think it really works well with the Zephyr.  The grey soft grip would just be too much!

49290CE5-98C6-4D92-8B3C-F1AE07366257.jpeg

11368A8C-7214-44E2-9AC8-9EE5C3A45280.jpeg

I think it works here because your top deck gel matches your vinyl 

• Like 2

Well I demoed it and took the plunge yesterday. 

It has the biggest wakeboard wake I have ever been on. Absolutely gigantic with 500lbs of extra lead and a 1000 lb sac. 

1 hour ago, Gene3x said:

It has the biggest wakeboard wake I have ever been on. Absolutely gigantic with 500lbs of extra lead and a 1000 lb sac. 

Was the sack ballast the plug and play or in addition to PNP?

On 9/2/2021 at 12:39 PM, shenard said:

Man I was one who loved the new cans after seeing them. I felt the old can was in serious need of an update. 

On 9/2/2021 at 12:39 PM, shenard said:

I actually like the new speaker covers!

22 hours ago, ctvandy23 said:

Thought so too, but take a look.  I think it really works well with the Zephyr.  The grey soft grip would just be too much!

Those colors are close to what I ordered on my 2021 23 LSV.  I went with gray soft grip, and while this looks nice, I still prefer to have it match one of the colors on the boat.  

• Like 3
22 hours ago, ctvandy23 said:

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this topic.  I just can't buy into gray and tan being used together.  Different tones, cool and warm and looks chopped up to me. Glad you like it though and at the end of the day that is all that matters!

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, SOcalSurfer said:

I felt the old can was in serious need of an update. 

Completely agree!  I also have never been a fan of having my speakers exposed and the old speakers are dust and spider magnets!

Edited by Chappy
Just now, Chappy said:

Completely agree!  I also have never been a fan of having my speakers exposed and the old speakers are dust and spider magnetsQ

Agree.  Much more modern looking and easier to care for.  

I went to the dealer today and looked at a Nassau Blue Metallic Axis they just received.  It is a beautiful color.  My crew is waffling though, and now we are looking at Tuscan gold color schemes.  Too many chefs......

42 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

I went to the dealer today and looked at a Nassau Blue Metallic Axis they just received.  It is a beautiful color.  My crew is waffling though, and now we are looking at Tuscan gold color schemes.  Too many chefs......

The key word in your post is "crew".  Be the captain and make the choice.

7 hours ago, 4mc said:

The key word in your post is "crew".  Be the captain and make the choice.

First mate and crew is the ONLY reason my boat is white, blue and silver. That, and Dallas Cowboys colors have pretty good resale potential in DFW. 😂

11 hours ago, Gene3x said:

It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday sir! Glad you signed up, can’t wait to see what you and your better half come up with.

12 hours ago, DFW said:

OK, I figured out the Inland boat “one off” stripe. Took delivery of the new boat yesterday and put her in the water tonight to start the break in period.

C7197A61-B4DD-4CB9-AD2C-C045CF63FBE6.thumb.jpeg.44d57c7ca5ab1918d6d368d8eed5900d.jpeg

Jumped in the water to cool off and there it was…

B9144544-33E9-4E57-AE33-F224B623D7D5.thumb.jpeg.96cc2e3f98d640e4f3fd43c2081b9810.jpeg

7E885022-8EE7-442A-BEA4-48A4EC93F15C.thumb.jpeg.3d290724c194b3838d40c4c1f6a8660c.jpeg

There is a secondary accent line in the hull. If you look closely this is where the factory taped the “hull accent 1” line on the Inland boat. I’ve see half a dozen of 2022 25 LSV’s live and never noticed this subtle contour until tonight. Although I prefer the Inland stripe, we’re really happy overall with the way she turned out.

Additional impressions, including LT4 and surf wave as we put the first 10hrs on her this weekend.

Very good observation, and thanks for thinking to get in the water and take those pics. I totally see what you’re talking about and how they could tape the boat differently along various creases. 

Your boat looks GREAT regardless. And I am loving those Cowboy colors!! 

Edited by IXFE
11 hours ago, DFW said:

OK, I figured out the Inland boat “one off” stripe. Took delivery of the new boat yesterday and put her in the water tonight to start the break in period.

C7197A61-B4DD-4CB9-AD2C-C045CF63FBE6.thumb.jpeg.44d57c7ca5ab1918d6d368d8eed5900d.jpeg

Jumped in the water to cool off and there it was…

B9144544-33E9-4E57-AE33-F224B623D7D5.thumb.jpeg.96cc2e3f98d640e4f3fd43c2081b9810.jpeg

7E885022-8EE7-442A-BEA4-48A4EC93F15C.thumb.jpeg.3d290724c194b3838d40c4c1f6a8660c.jpeg

There is a secondary accent line in the hull. If you look closely this is where the factory taped the “hull accent 1” line on the Inland boat. I’ve see half a dozen of 2022 25 LSV’s live and never noticed this subtle contour until tonight. Although I prefer the Inland stripe, we’re really happy overall with the way she turned out.

Additional impressions, including LT4 and surf wave as we put the first 10hrs on her this weekend.

Congratulations!