Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New lines on the 25 LSV

Sixer

2 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

My wife is like that also.  She can't sleep at night, but put her in a moving airplane, car, or boat and she is out cold.   Luckily we are seeing some progress with our wildfires finally.  It has been a brutal fire season in Montana. 

Ya I’ve heard. The fire map looks crazy busy. 

Same thing with my +1 as well. In an airplane, she can go from taxi to taxi without waking up. I like to think she’s a teleporter 

It looks like that Inland Boat Company boat has a different hull pattern.  I can't find a way to duplicate that scheme on the boat builder, and when you look at Barlibear's boat and the Inland boat, the inland boat doesn't seem to have the same shape on the side just below the lowest point of the rub rail.  Optical illusion?  What am I missing? 

13 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

It looks like that Inland Boat Company boat has a different hull pattern.  I can't find a way to duplicate that scheme on the boat builder, and when you look at Barlibear's boat and the Inland boat, the inland boat doesn't seem to have the same shape on the side just below the lowest point of the rub rail.  Optical illusion?  What am I missing? 

@BarliBear design is the “Aggressive” gel scheme 

the inland red black grey is “  classic” I believe 

37 minutes ago, Stevo said:

I believe your’e correct. I tried digging up the email from the dealer, but I think it was verbal when he told me this was the cheapest and closest way to get to the similar gel coat scheme we gave him from the ‘21 year model. 

In the BAB, it looks like the top rail has two color choices for classic and progressive

4 hours ago, BarliBear said:

Ya I’ve heard. The fire map looks crazy busy. 

Same thing with my +1 as well. In an airplane, she can go from taxi to taxi without waking up. I like to think she’s a teleporter 

A few weeks ago I tried to replicate the Inland boat and couldn’t figure it out. I suspect something is off with the builder. 

@BarliBear Nice write up and congrats on the boat!

We can agree to disagree on the 1500 being enough tow vehicle, but that is probably for another thread.  😀

We put the cooler in the locker and sunscreen and koozies in the “sink”. 

Your bimini is probably the Great Lakes flip bimini which has been an option for several years, including back in 2019.  Just FYI for others as the Commercial Sewing slider bimini isn’t the only option for folks.  

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

We can agree to disagree on the 1500 being enough tow vehicle, but that is probably for another thread.  😀

Your bimini is probably the Great Lakes flip bimini which has been an option for several years, including back in 2019.  Just FYI for others as the Commercial Sewing slider bimini isn’t the only option for folks.  

The 1500 tow vehicle argument!  I'm in!  I towed my 2021 23 LSV back to town yesterday with my 2020 Denali with the 3.0 Duramax.  On flat ground it was below 2000 rpm, and climbing hills it would downshift to 2200 rpm.  It definitely had no problem towing the 23.  I averaged 12 mpg on the return trip.  If I towed long distance every weekend I would consider a 3/4 ton, but for our trips the small diesel is more than up to the task. 

15 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

The 1500 tow vehicle argument!  I'm in!  I towed my 2021 23 LSV back to town yesterday with my 2020 Denali with the 3.0 Duramax.  On flat ground it was below 2000 rpm, and climbing hills it would downshift to 2200 rpm.  It definitely had no problem towing the 23.  I averaged 12 mpg on the return trip.  If I towed long distance every weekend I would consider a 3/4 ton, but for our trips the small diesel is more than up to the task. 

I would be happy to talk towing if you want to start another thread. 

6 hours ago, Stevo said:

Inland’s 25 is “progressive” however, as I stated the boat builder is a little off. Look closely at the difference between the builder and reality. 

hint: look beneath the rub rail dip

27FCC410-322E-4AFE-9853-4306B206E31C.jpeg

DA9F4A27-526D-4025-A244-B01BC00581D5.jpeg

I think it depends on the gel scheme.  I just scrolled through this thread and almost all the new boats have the wider stripe like in the boat builder.

Also the top point meets the rub rail at the same point in the above pics.

Edited by 4mc
24 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Inland’s 25 is “progressive” however, as I stated the boat builder is a little off. Look closely at the difference between the builder and reality. 

I believe the Inland boat is a pre-production model. My boat is a replica of the Inland boat in different colors, and frankly, I was hoping the builder was wrong and we would receive the less pronounced lower accent line. No dice, in this case the builder wins out.

66D61456-0A6A-4ECA-AACE-A310A275BCA3.thumb.jpeg.3199d4fe3b416a9ba14b07a23fee1c80.jpeg

The web builder was incorrect in 3 areas on my boat.

1) Two cup holder instead of one adjacent to the rear loungers. 2) Different upholstery pattern on the sun pads (the dealer configurator represented this upholstery correctly).

84A01871-FD0D-406F-849F-A582CCBFAD21.thumb.jpeg.201312f29fa69423755d1cbe1d56e1ad.jpeg

The upper upholstery in the bow has the color pattern reversed from the cockpit upholstery and the web configurator.

2C946087-D599-4C7B-935C-F75FB6F7F4C1.thumb.jpeg.b79888f4c2b29ba5738dba15ac1ac413.jpeg

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, DDuke said:

Did the dealer configurator show the two cup holders in the rear?

ps. I like your boat. Congrats!

Thanks! The dealer configurator showed 1 cup holder. I like the single cup holder with the with deck-trac on ZephyrBlueBu’s boat. Don’t know if that is an option or factory discretion.

Here’s a copy of my build sheet for reference.

1C592042-471A-4C8B-A0C0-56CBB6BD3432.thumb.jpeg.b8c2eea8a8751541ef5cce66d9929c55.jpeg
9F1F4991-1955-4D5E-9D58-AB97E11C6A18.thumb.jpeg.b94ebeeda7e1f9bba7450f608e6e4a0b.jpeg

4 hours ago, IXFE said:

A few weeks ago I tried to replicate the Inland boat and couldn’t figure it out. I suspect something is off with the builder. 

I think the one of the only differences with the gel coat schemes is that you can split the colors on the upper rail. 

Your dealer has to pretty much re-build it on their end anyhow, so I would just send them the gist of what you're looking for and see if they can make adjustments. 

3 hours ago, 4mc said:

You know when you have a 22 25 LSV sitting on the lot for sale, you made the wrong color choices.

https://www.boats.com/power-boats/2022-malibu-wakesetter-25-lsv-7978807/

Looking fine on the exterior, but seriously dropped the ball on the interior.

Looks like every shirt my mom tried to but for me in the 80s.

So true.

Less is more. That grey is pretty flat on the exterior and the interior looks like a tessellation. 

That blue on the interior...

4 hours ago, guitarcrazy said:

4 hours ago, hethj7 said:

The towing discussion completely derailed the 27lsv thread that was filled with unicorn dreams and fairy godmothers. 

I tow to Tahoe once a year and about 15 minutes from storage to the ramp one or two times per season, so mega truck is not a must have for me. Though when I took our 22' to Tahoe a few times, I had no issues up and over the pass.

I don't know nearly enough about all the details, but I just checked both builds (the '19 and the '22) and they both say they are the Gen 2 Surf.

One thing I forgot to put in the write up is that the dealer and I missed to put the swim platform in the build. I thought it was going to be a big miss when we went to pickup, but after seeing how far the hinges stick downward and even out beyond the swim platform, I think I'm kind of glad we don't have it. I'd never use it and I think the kids would just mess themselves up on it. 

Edited by BarliBear
10 hours ago, IXFE said:

Why is the logo flipped in the builder?? That is odd.. 

4 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

Why is the logo flipped in the builder?? That is odd.. 

I flipped the screenshot from the builder to make it align better with the real photo from inland. Easier to compare that way. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, DFW said:

I believe the Inland boat is a pre-production model. My boat is a replica of the Inland boat in different colors, and frankly, I was hoping the builder was wrong and we would receive the less pronounced lower accent line. No dice, in this case the builder wins out.

66D61456-0A6A-4ECA-AACE-A310A275BCA3.thumb.jpeg.3199d4fe3b416a9ba14b07a23fee1c80.jpeg

The web builder was incorrect in 3 areas on my boat.

1) Two cup holder instead of one adjacent to the rear loungers. 2) Different upholstery pattern on the sun pads (the dealer configurator represented this upholstery correctly).

84A01871-FD0D-406F-849F-A582CCBFAD21.thumb.jpeg.201312f29fa69423755d1cbe1d56e1ad.jpeg

The upper upholstery in the bow has the color pattern reversed from the cockpit upholstery and the web configurator.

2C946087-D599-4C7B-935C-F75FB6F7F4C1.thumb.jpeg.b79888f4c2b29ba5738dba15ac1ac413.jpeg

This is a great post that explains a lot. 

My mine is kinda blown that your boat is different than Inland’s. It was so much easier to believe that the builder was wrong (it often is). Instead, now my mind is spinning wondering why Malibu would make this change. First of all, I agree that the lines of the Inland boat are more attractive (but let’s be honest, even when looking side by side only 1 in 100 would notice the difference and not all would agree to a preference). That said, it feels like to change from Inland’s scheme to yours would require a mold change. After all, I don’t think these are just gel lines (ie tape lines), right?  The lines follow creases in the fiberglass, correct?  Doesn’t really affect me since I’m building an “Aggressive” scheme. Just curious. 

On the transom cupholders… like you, I’ve also noticed some 25’s have one per side and some have two per side. I’ve asked the rep to look into this. His initial thought was that it was optional. But he’s looking into it with the factory today. More on this later. For what it’s worth, I like having all four like you do. I drink alot of Diet Coke after my set, and it’s nice to have an extra cupholder for the empty! 

Yes, I’ve noticed the vinyl discrepancy on the locker doors. Took me a while to figure out how to place my order to get it how I wanted it (ie not how the builder shows it). This glitch is what convinced me the gel was probably a glitch too. 

I’m not sure I follow your comment about the bow upholstery. Is it just that in the cabin the blue and light graphite vinyl are immediately adjacent to each other but in the bow they are not?

15 minutes ago, IXFE said:

This is a great post that explains a lot. 

My mine is kinda blown that your boat is different than Inland’s. It was so much easier to believe that the builder was wrong (it often is). Instead, now my mind is spinning wondering why Malibu would make this change. First of all, I agree that the lines of the Inland boat are more attractive (but let’s be honest, even when looking side by side only 1 in 100 would notice the difference and not all would agree to a preference). That said, it feels like to change from Inland’s scheme to yours would require a mold change. After all, I don’t think these are just gel lines (ie tape lines), right?  The lines follow creases in the fiberglass, correct?  Doesn’t really affect me since I’m building an “Aggressive” scheme. Just curious. 

On the transom cupholders… like you, I’ve also noticed some 25’s have one per side and some have two per side. I’ve asked the rep to look into this. His initial thought was that it was optional. But he’s looking into it with the factory today. More on this later. For what it’s worth, I like having all four like you do. I drink alot of Diet Coke after my set, and it’s nice to have an extra cupholder for the empty! 

Yes, I’ve noticed the vinyl discrepancy on the locker doors. Took me a while to figure out how to place my order to get it how I wanted it (ie not how the builder shows it). This glitch is what convinced me the gel was probably a glitch too. 

I’m not sure I follow your comment about the bow upholstery. Is it just that in the cabin the blue and light graphite vinyl are immediately adjacent to each other but in the bow they are not?

Crazy right? The accent line (hull accent 1 on the builder I believe) on the Inland boat does not follow the contour of the hull/mold. I think it looks better because the line does not meet the rub rail and alleviates the “patchwork” nature the hull lines can display. And yes, it’s as simple as a tape line during the gel process.

On the vinyl in my bow, the color pattern is out of sync. It should be (bow to stern) white - light graphite - dark blue - light graphite - white. They reversed two light graphite panels with white. 😂

Strangely, it doesn’t really bother me.

6ECB3BB0-7870-4378-AD18-7E0CB3D5DD63.thumb.jpeg.d779d6321e2a3793f9a88df9d58801a5.jpeg
ABC2589E-A034-4F0A-A3DA-8D6CB8853F11.thumb.jpeg.250c9d456974f2cfd335e6eea5d24943.jpeg

25B0D9AA-9B8C-460F-95F2-0D148F60B349.thumb.jpeg.034eca255e2598f8b039edf13c041689.jpeg

34 minutes ago, DFW said:

Crazy right? The accent line (hull accent 1 on the builder I believe) on the Inland boat does not follow the contour of the hull/mold. I think it looks better because the line does not meet the rub rail and alleviates the “patchwork” nature the hull lines can display. And yes, it’s as simple as a tape line during the gel process.

On the vinyl in my bow, the color pattern is out of sync. It should be (bow to stern) white - light graphite - dark blue - light graphite - white. They reversed two light graphite panels with white. 😂

Strangely, it doesn’t really bother me.

6ECB3BB0-7870-4378-AD18-7E0CB3D5DD63.thumb.jpeg.d779d6321e2a3793f9a88df9d58801a5.jpeg
ABC2589E-A034-4F0A-A3DA-8D6CB8853F11.thumb.jpeg.250c9d456974f2cfd335e6eea5d24943.jpeg

25B0D9AA-9B8C-460F-95F2-0D148F60B349.thumb.jpeg.034eca255e2598f8b039edf13c041689.jpeg

Regardless, I think your boat looks great.  I really love the Nassau blue as well.  Also dig the Nassau flake.  It's very nice.  I wish they had it in the 2021 model year.  I would have ordered it.