Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New lines on the 25 LSV

Sixer

I thought you were ordering a 25 LSV.  I would like to see the cost on the 25, as that is what I am ordering and it is not included.  Also, there is a deduction if ordering with a lower cost option.  My dealer said the M220 came with the M6 standard, but there was a cost reduction if you specified the M5 instead.  Here is the latest iteration for my 25 LSV.  Still debating some colors but I think this is the options.  Total trailer cost is $1522.  

Screenshot (7).png

I just went over specs with my dealer again, and if you take out all of the other upgrades, the triple axle is an $1887 option on the 25 LSV.  That is list price before discounts. At that price it might make sense to get it for the resale factor.  I certainly won't use it or need it, but if it makes it more attractive to a future buyer it may be worth it.  

2 hours ago, guitarcrazy said:

I thought you were ordering a 25 LSV.  I would like to see the cost on the 25, as that is what I am ordering and it is not included.  Also, there is a deduction if ordering with a lower cost option.  My dealer said the M220 came with the M6 standard, but there was a cost reduction if you specified the M5 instead.  Here is the latest iteration for my 25 LSV.  Still debating some colors but I think this is the options.  Total trailer cost is $1522.  

Screenshot (7).png

Popped this into the boat builder.  This will look pretty sweet.  You have a spray date?

On 8/24/2021 at 2:44 PM, BarliBear said:

Thanks! I hope it delivers. I’m trying to keep my stoke level tempered…

Spray date was 7/23 with a delivery date of 8/2. I think it was about a week behind but then they had some shipping issues getting it out here and I think it was here last Friday 8/20.

Did you get your boat?  Pics, etc...

I am looking at late October spray date.  Hoping no other issues pop up to slow down production.  They are out of the tower mounted mirrors right now, apparently can't get them from their supplier.  I don't like the windshield mounted mirror, but may have to deal with it until they get more mirrors.  Hopefully no other parts shortages will arise. 

18 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

I just went over specs with my dealer again, and if you take out all of the other upgrades, the triple axle is an $1887 option on the 25 LSV.  That is list price before discounts. At that price it might make sense to get it for the resale factor.  I certainly won't use it or need it, but if it makes it more attractive to a future buyer it may be worth it.  

Interesting 

5 hours ago, bigskydoc said:

Unsurprising. The peanut gallery offering no real-world numbers, or advice, just mockery.  

I'm sharing the actual numbers, straight from Malibu and the dealer.  .

So, how about it, Sparky and Stevo?  How about some real-world numbers, or do you think that anyone can just waltz into their local dealer, in 2021, and successfully demand 30% off MSRP, plus a free tri-axle trailer?

@bigskydoc
Unsurprisingly it appears you are mistaken 

—the peanut gallery.

16 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

I am looking at late October spray date.  Hoping no other issues pop up to slow down production.  They are out of the tower mounted mirrors right now, apparently can't get them from their supplier.  I don't like the windshield mounted mirror, but may have to deal with it until they get more mirrors.  Hopefully no other parts shortages will arise. 

I am crossing my fingers on my 9/15 spray date.  Have several group outings (kids school/my work/friends) planned in early October that I do not want to cancel.

33 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

True the axle is only 1887. However take a  look at what happens with the wheels. The wheels get significantly more expensive when you go to a triple sitting on 18’s I am not sure what a triple on 15’s does. I have never built one. 

Edited by Sparky450
2 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

True the axle is only 1887. However take a CB look at what happens with the wheels. The wheels get significantly more expensive when you go to a triple 18. 

Exactly.  I don't get the 18s on my doubles, and wouldn't spend the money on the triples.  If you go full bling on wheels and bow steps and other options you are quickly over $6000.  I can see the dealer saying "if you are getting a triple, you might as well get the 18s.  Those really complete the look....."

4 minutes ago, 4mc said:

I am crossing my fingers on my 9/15 spray date.  Have several group outings (kids school/my work/friends) planned in early October that I do not want to cancel.

Good luck, I hope you get it on time.  I would love to see yours before they spray mine, just in case I want to change something.  Did you go with that same gel scheme you posted earlier?  I have been searching the web looking for a Nassau blue metallic and graphite boat and haven't had much luck. Also haven't been able to find one with the same interior, but the Axis posted earlier was close and looked good.  

1 hour ago, guitarcrazy said:

Good luck, I hope you get it on time.  I would love to see yours before they spray mine, just in case I want to change something.  Did you go with that same gel scheme you posted earlier?  I have been searching the web looking for a Nassau blue metallic and graphite boat and haven't had much luck. Also haven't been able to find one with the same interior, but the Axis posted earlier was close and looked good.  

Yes same gel scheme all nassau blue metallic with the one jagged white stripe down low up to the bow.  White deck, cool saddle brown seats.  Adding Nassau blue seat accents like zephyr's if they have a cool touch in Nassau Blue.  Also thinking to add Nassau blue stitching throughout. We're a few weeks away but I'll post as soon as I get pics.  

Nervous about supply chain.  So far my spray date hasn't been bumped.

Edited by 4mc
Typo

But you are adding 18s to the cost of the tandem.  Those of us who don't use triples, also don't get 18s.  So the delta from the base trailer to the triple with 18s is much larger.  For all we know the dealer told him the triples had to be ordered with the larger wheels and the other upgrades.  I think you guys are getting all worked up about something that really doesn't matter to anyone except maybe you.  If you want a triple buy it.  If you don't need it, don't buy it.  Why are we still arguing about this?  I thought this was a thread about the new 25 LSV, not the merits of boat trailers.  God, I can't believe I have spoken this much about a trailer.  I am boring myself just thinking about it.  

2 hours ago, guitarcrazy said:

I think you guys are getting all worked up about something that really doesn't matter to anyone except maybe you.  If you want a triple buy it.  If you don't need it, don't buy it.  Why are we still arguing about this?  I thought this was a thread about the new 25 LSV, not the merits of boat trailers.  God, I can't believe I have spoken this much about a trailer.  I am boring myself just thinking about it.  

I’m not arguing. In fact, I just realize I quoted the wrong guy. 😂 

I was just sharing msrp data. So often I think people don’t get the straight info from their dealers. So I try to post when I know. 

Let’s get this back on track. Tell is about your build! 

• Like 2

Where is the $6K upgrade number coming from for adding the 3rd axle?  For my 2019 the extra axle was $1502 and the 18" wheels and tires where $580.00 each for a grand total of $2661.00 before the 28% discount I got, bringing the total option down to about $1916  Adding the third axle is no where near $6K. Totally worth it for me!

Edited by Chappy
  • Like 3

Start another thread for trailer talk.  Time to move on and get back to new 25 LSV details.

Recommend one of the following titles:

Trailer options?

Boats, trailers and self-esteem issues.

Edited by 4mc
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, 4mc said:

Start another thread for trailer talk.  Time to move on and get back to new 25 LSV details.

Recommend one of the following titles:

Trailer options?

Boats, trailers and self-esteem issues.

Yes , please continue the gospel of misinformation 

67A318D5-C858-4725-A90C-CC054AB52099.jpeg

Edited by Stevo
12 hours ago, guitarcrazy said:

Screenshot (7).png

Where are you going to be on actual cost from dealer?  I see your MSRP was $250k. My MSRP was $245k but I didn’t add stern turn.  Added LT4 and it is amazing!  So quiet snd smooth. Was out tonight until 9:30pm breaking it in!

I haven't gotten to hard numbers yet.  I like to wait until everything is locked in and then see where we are.  My dealer has always been fair with me so I am definitely going to stay with him.  Post some photos of your new ride, they are still pretty scarce.  

• Like 1

Yall have been arguing about triple axle trailer cost for a damn week.  Can we please talk about why we spend so much money on these boats??       You know ....... the wakeboard wake? :P

But seriously can an advanced wakeboarder give me a review of the actual loaded wake? :)

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Gene3x said:

Yall have been arguing about triple axle trailer cost for a damn week.  Can we please talk about why we spend so much money on these boats??       You know ....... the wakeboard wake? :P

But seriously can an advanced wakeboarder give me a review of the actual loaded wake? :)

I'd be interested in the same... most surf.

Edited by hunter77ah
  • Like 2
On 8/26/2021 at 9:26 AM, Stevo said:

Here’s a 240 trailer build breakdown.

strange that there is no line charge cost for a triple axle, kinda like 240 includes a 3axle 🤔

9241E4A5-8D86-430C-B270-490204BFF21F.jpeg

Yes.  The M240 comes standard with the triaxle, and yes when I changed it to the tandem (not a trailer delete), the price dropped by 6 grand.  Did it remove other options?  I'm sure it did.  Could you remove those other options from the triaxle?  Probably.  I can post the build sheet on the triaxle M240, but did not print the sheet for the tandem.