Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New lines on the 25 LSV

Sixer

16 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Order the Tripple, one of the best options the check the box on. Especially if you tow a decent amount.  

tows and tracks like a dream, looks bada$$ , and it’s piece of mind when we load up for Long hauls for houseboating.

I will be checking that “trippple” box on all future orders.

B592F5F0-54EA-4EE6-B4B9-2D187B137201.png

Looks sick but I don’t know why they don’t just use 8k axels like all the new 5’ers. Less tire and axel maintenance 

12 hours ago, guitarcrazy said:

Zephyrbluebu, did you get the LT4?  I am working on a build now and I think we have settled on the LT4. Trying to finalize the build sheet and colors.  I am thinking of sepia brown base with Nassau blue accents.  Hoping the blue and brown look good together.  Thanks for posting yours. 

We got the M6. Was hard to justify the $$$ for the LT4. We are at 700’-800’ elevation and usually not more than 8 in the crew. The M6 more than gets it done for us. Fingers crossed the impellers issues are solved. Total of 7 impellers on the 2019 in 270 hours. Had friends out when last one failed and he said he was more impressed that I changed the impeller on the water and in the dark in less than 20 minutes than he was with my surfing skills. 

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, 4mc said:

Is that flake graphite?  

8 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

Luckily I tow once in April/May, and then again in September.  The trailer sits empty at our cabin all summer.  I am glad to save money on the trailer and put it into the boat.  If I towed every week I would probably go triple, and probably get a 3/4 ton pickup.   

We trailer about 4 times a week, usually 2.5 miles. Longest trip so far has been less than 100 miles and the tandem has been more than enough. Have two friends with the triple on the 24 MXZ and it does look bada$$!!!

4 minutes ago, ZephyrBlueBu said:

We trailer about 4 times a week, usually 2.5 miles. Longest trip so far has been less than 100 miles and the tandem has been more than enough. Have two friends with the triple on the 24 MXZ and it does look bada$$!!!

I would rather dump my $ in the boat than a trailer.  After reading these posts glad I stuck with the dual axle.  

But different strokes, for different folks.

Edited by 4mc

A couple more of the interior and a couple wave pics. 

Boat surfs like a dream. Didn’t spend really any time dialing it in as we were just ready to get surfing. Just threw in the same settings we used on 2019. There is a lot more tuning to come. Wave is much longer and has way more push than the 2019. So much that I took the fins off my 52” Keen (rated up to 160 lbs. and I am 190) and had no problem staying in the wave. I could not have ridden this board today in the 2019 with 8-12 MPH winds and lots of boats out today. 

In the 2019 I would land about 1 in 4 360s as I would fall out of the wave. Today I landed 4 in a row in the same set with no fins in 8-12 winds with settings we just guessed at. Finished rotating and still had 5’ of wave BEHIND me. Definitely owe it to the boat as I haven’t surfed since June 3rd as I have been recovering from shoulder surgery (not wake surfing related). 

Will get some better wave pics too. The wave pics were an afterthought. Forgot to take the pics so loaded back up on way back to dock. Didn’t realize the glare until I got home and looked at them.

ED98D522-4D62-4436-8D5D-B8BEA62C6F8B.jpeg

665205FD-2C31-4F01-8FF4-2A014FD90F15.jpeg

D07560EF-B729-4384-A879-BACB50332039.jpeg

25695A67-220A-4F78-861C-6A7FAAD1218D.jpeg

Out yesterday and saw the setup a friend had for his cooler on the 24 MXZ. It was awesome and luckily I also had a Yeti 75. Wanted to share as this setup rocks. Wakeview bench adjusted to 1 position forward, the Yeti 75 fits PERFECTLY right behind the seat on the raised platform. With the SeaDeck pad on the yet and the walk through transom it makes getting in and out of the boat a cinch. We used to put it in the middle aisle and it was so bulky we only took the Yeti with us if we were going out multiple days. Anyways, love this setup and it wanted to share. Should work for all/most boats with the Wakeview bench. 

7BA5675D-CB2B-4D0C-98D7-7BD18DEC8820.jpeg

6F3D4043-25C0-40F7-BBF3-07B22B8A7EC9.jpeg

DCF181FC-0478-4215-8D06-4AA248E1537C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, 4mc said:

Sweet!  Stoked to hear it surfs so well out the gate.  Did you do all ballast 100% or off set a bit?

I set it at 100% all around but when I finished surfing I checked the PNP bags and they were only about 25% full. Me, wife, and Portuguese Water Dog only ones on the boat today < 400 lbs. 

This thing has so much more to give. I think I could make a 30’ long mellow wave that my wife could surf!

12 hours ago, 4mc said:

You boat is going to look awesome!  After seeing your picks I think I need to add a splash of Nassau blue to my interior seating.  Currently all cool saddle brown.

One note. The boat builder does not accurately render then interior. I was building as I waited for mine and freaked out when I saw the interior on the build a boat. The reason we chose the colors on the interior is the way the lines from from forward to aft in the accents. Here is a picture I took when we were building the boat that accurately reflects the interior lines. 

9EE1CDB8-77CB-4FA1-B52E-2BA4B64D3380.jpeg

7 hours ago, ZephyrBlueBu said:

One note. The boat builder does not accurately render then interior. I was building as I waited for mine and freaked out when I saw the interior on the build a boat. The reason we chose the colors on the interior is the way the lines from from forward to aft in the accents. Here is a picture I took when we were building the boat that accurately reflects the interior lines. 

9EE1CDB8-77CB-4FA1-B52E-2BA4B64D3380.jpeg

I noticed that with the boat builder. Sent my dealer the pics of your interior as I couldn’t replicate those interior accents on boat builder.   Which interior accent or interior option did you select for the black.  I think it adds the perfect amount of contrast accent for the interior.  

On 8/22/2021 at 6:22 PM, Stevo said:

Order the Tripple, one of the best options the check the box on. Especially if you tow a decent amount.  

tows and tracks like a dream, looks bada$$ , and it’s piece of mind when we load up for Long hauls for houseboating.

I will be checking that “trippple” box on all future orders.

B592F5F0-54EA-4EE6-B4B9-2D187B137201.png

My dealer will NOT order a 25LSV. Without a triple. Take that how you want!!😎

9 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

My dealer will NOT order a 25LSV. Without a triple. Take that how you want!!😎

Sounds like he wants a cut of the $6,000 premium on the unnecessary tri-axle to me. 

On 8/22/2021 at 7:01 AM, guitarcrazy said:

Looks more like machine silver to me, but similar color palette to what we are looking at.  

Screenshot (76).png

Screenshot (74).png

This looks great!

I think it looks great (zephyrbluebu’s boat)!  I was amazed at how many permutations were possible for the boat design. Really allows for remarkable customization so one can get a one-of-a-kind boat to suit their preferences and creativity. 

Edited by DDuke
3 hours ago, bigskydoc said:

Sounds like he wants a cut of the $6,000 premium on the unnecessary tri-axle to me. 

4 hours ago, 4mc said:

Guess he wears the pants in the family.

Have you guys pulled one of these big heavy boats on a triple? It is night and day difference.

3 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

Have you guys pulled one of these big heavy boats on a triple? It is night and day difference.

My comment was just pertaining to the dealer indicating a dual axle was not an option.  I think it depends on owner needs.  If putting on a lift and doing most service dock side , a trip axle is not necessary.  If trailering and driving a distance regularly, I expect it is a must have.

2 minutes ago, 4mc said:

My comment was just pertaining to the dealer indicating a dual axle was not an option.  I think it depends on owner needs.  If putting on a lift and doing most service dock side , a trip axle is not necessary.  If trailering and driving a distance regularly, I expect it is a must have.

And out here in our area most people tow. So, for resale the triple is better.

• Like 3

Since I tow twice a year it is definitely not a good option for me.  My last two boats the buyer hasn't even asked about the trailer so I guess it all depends on your market.  

• Like 2

The one real option that matters 2 all at the moment is ZephyrBlue's potential option to take a personal day from work and get on the water.  We need more pics and info!

Or anyone else that has received their delivery.

Edited by 4mc
Typo
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, bigskydoc said:

My dealer said they’re great on the highway, but turn like crap. He recommended that I don’t go that route

On 8/22/2021 at 7:24 PM, ZephyrBlueBu said:

Out yesterday and saw the setup a friend had for his cooler on the 24 MXZ. It was awesome and luckily I also had a Yeti 75. Wanted to share as this setup rocks. Wakeview bench adjusted to 1 position forward, the Yeti 75 fits PERFECTLY right behind the seat on the raised platform. With the SeaDeck pad on the yet and the walk through transom it makes getting in and out of the boat a cinch. We used to put it in the middle aisle and it was so bulky we only took the Yeti with us if we were going out multiple days. Anyways, love this setup and it wanted to share. Should work for all/most boats with the Wakeview bench. 

7BA5675D-CB2B-4D0C-98D7-7BD18DEC8820.jpeg

6F3D4043-25C0-40F7-BBF3-07B22B8A7EC9.jpeg

DCF181FC-0478-4215-8D06-4AA248E1537C.jpeg

Just got notice that ours will be ready on Friday. After reading your posts and hearing his report of, “it looks sweeeet” I’m so pumped to get out this weekend 

• Like 3