Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New lines on the 25 LSV

Sixer

15 hours ago, Wkerat said:

The ride is much better than my previous generation 25’s, and even the M220 and is drier than the M240.  The fit and finish and interior details are a step up from any of my previous boats, the rear seats are amazing, it is less weight sensitive (usually I run weight on the port side to compensate for the prop, but did not have any today as it’s still in my M and it with my wife and two kids on the port side it ran level), and it has a good combo of things I loved from the M and missed from my LSV’s (odd but I truly missed the glovebox by the driver). They even changed the rear corner seat bases to offer more support and the amount of storage is insane.  

It does look amazing. Congrats.  I am thinking about ordering one soon. Curious about your comment regarding it being weight sensitive.  Is this wakeboarding?  I want to know how this compares to the M240 or 24MXZ in terms of the wake.  

After climbing through it the two things that bother me are

1. the speakers in the bow sticking out into the space that you would normally rest your back on so it would make it difficult for 2 people (even small girls) to face backwards to watch the action behind the boat. 

2. The new ratchet seats block part of the opening to the storage area.  In my new 24MXZ I can easily put several big surfboards under the seat.  This doesn't look like it is possible with the seat frame partially blocking the storage area. :(

6 hours ago, Gene3x said:

It does look amazing. Congrats.  I am thinking about ordering one soon. Curious about your comment regarding it being weight sensitive.  Is this wakeboarding?  I want to know how this compares to the M240 or 24MXZ in terms of the wake.  

After climbing through it the two things that bother me are

1. the speakers in the bow sticking out into the space that you would normally rest your back on so it would make it difficult for 2 people (even small girls) to face backwards to watch the action behind the boat. 

2. The new ratchet seats block part of the opening to the storage area.  In my new 24MXZ I can easily put several big surfboards under the seat.  This doesn't look like it is possible with the seat frame partially blocking the storage area. :(

I was saying it is not nearly as weight sensitive. I’ve found it to be more balanced than my other boats so less weight sensitive. From seeing them the wakes are great. Hoping to actually surf it tomorrow after work.

I never put my boards under the seat, but the rear seats hinge up in a way I think you could. I don’t see the flip up seat interfering with the storage more than the old ones, but also have not looked at a 24 MXZ that closely to compare. I do know the storage is deeper than what I’ve seen on the 24. I did not get the forward facing flip up seat in stern though so that may also change things. I never used it in my other 25’s so skipped it now that it is a option.

I agree the speakers take up some room in the bow, but oddly enough I rarely have people up front watching the action and in the 23 LSV’s people tend to like them.  One thing I don’t like about the bow (and I haven’t been out at night to confirm) is I don’t think there are any interior lights. I usually boat a lot at night so they may need to be added.

On 8/17/2021 at 10:28 PM, ZephyrBlueBu said:

Mine has finally arrived. Got to ride along on the lake test today. I agree with Wkerat, storage is insane. Thought we would lose space having the second sub but the extra 4” of freeboard more than makes up for it. I stuffed the cover under rear seat folded in half and could have stacked 2 adult life jackets on top AND my Yeti Hopper 18 fits in the cooler space under the seat with a plenty of room to spare.

Wave is with PNP NOT installed so this is hard tanks only, wedge at 2, 10.8 MPH, me, wife, and dealers sales rep (~450 lbs. of people ballast). 

We have already found our home on the rear lounge seats. They are extremely comfortable, even without the leg rest extended. My 2019 25 LSV transom seats were mostly unusable as the back cushion was too small to provide any degree of support. 

We were really impressed with the fit and finish of the interior. The soft grip flooring is a little firmer than our 2019 and has a richer color (hopefully will keep from fading). The cool touch fabric quality, contour and firmness of the seat cushions, detail stitching on the upholstery, and new grill covers on the speakers (tower and interior) look incredible and give the boat a level of refinement that just wasn’t there on our 2019. 

A couple splurges we made that we are very happy with so far:

Soft grip in the internal storage - (gives boat a very finished look)

Hydraulic steering - point it where you want to go and it stays there until you move it even with your hands off the wheel  

Got 1.8 hours today and picking up tomorrow to start the break in. Will post some more info when we finally get a chance to ride behind her. 

C90479A0-1E89-4FF2-8DFA-F533525EE7B6.jpeg

B41D9DF2-95AE-4543-8F7C-F7564FFD6951.jpeg

C3A83CAB-30B9-4C4D-919A-F0D74D716449.png

0A5AE2A4-43F5-45D7-9F5C-6F892D112C4E.png

Is that zephyr blue or black?  Looks blue in the pic with people sitting on the back, then looks black to me.

could be that vapor ebony mettalic.  Just noticed it flashed a little blue in that one pic.  I like the interior combo,  that trim against the sepia looks great.  Is the dark trim only on the seat backs and rear pads?

Update based on user name Im thinking its Zephyr.

Edited by AWADD09
On 8/17/2021 at 10:28 PM, ZephyrBlueBu said:

Mine has finally arrived. Got to ride along on the lake test today. I agree with Wkerat, storage is insane. Thought we would lose space having the second sub but the extra 4” of freeboard more than makes up for it. I stuffed the cover under rear seat folded in half and could have stacked 2 adult life jackets on top AND my Yeti Hopper 18 fits in the cooler space under the seat with a plenty of room to spare.

Wave is with PNP NOT installed so this is hard tanks only, wedge at 2, 10.8 MPH, me, wife, and dealers sales rep (~450 lbs. of people ballast). 

We have already found our home on the rear lounge seats. They are extremely comfortable, even without the leg rest extended. My 2019 25 LSV transom seats were mostly unusable as the back cushion was too small to provide any degree of support. 

We were really impressed with the fit and finish of the interior. The soft grip flooring is a little firmer than our 2019 and has a richer color (hopefully will keep from fading). The cool touch fabric quality, contour and firmness of the seat cushions, detail stitching on the upholstery, and new grill covers on the speakers (tower and interior) look incredible and give the boat a level of refinement that just wasn’t there on our 2019. 

A couple splurges we made that we are very happy with so far:

Soft grip in the internal storage - (gives boat a very finished look)

Hydraulic steering - point it where you want to go and it stays there until you move it even with your hands off the wheel  

Got 1.8 hours today and picking up tomorrow to start the break in. Will post some more info when we finally get a chance to ride behind her. 

C90479A0-1E89-4FF2-8DFA-F533525EE7B6.jpeg

B41D9DF2-95AE-4543-8F7C-F7564FFD6951.jpeg

C3A83CAB-30B9-4C4D-919A-F0D74D716449.png

0A5AE2A4-43F5-45D7-9F5C-6F892D112C4E.png

On 8/15/2021 at 9:04 PM, DFW said:

We skipped the RGB options when ordering our new 25LSV, but we did select blue underwater lights from the factory. For the price, a 5 year warranty on holes in hull makes sense.

Hope you're out surfing this weekend and dialing in your wave, so we can see some more pics of that wave and sweet boat.  

Here is a pic that shows the interior a little better. We got all cool touch saddle brown and cool touch black. We love it as the black accents flow from bow to stern all the way through the boat. Compared it to a friends 2021 24 MXZ today and the upholstery is different, the material feels thicker and higher quality overall. The cushion are a little firmer and also have some built in contours to make them more comfortable. 

Still breaking in (at 8.6 hours) so still taking it a little easy. Will have some actual loaded up surf time later this week. 

This beast is heavy!!! There is a substantial difference in weight from our 2019. Never weighed the 2019 but stopped by the scale on the way to the lake today and she came in at 8,800 pounds (weight ticket attached) with a tandem axle trailer, 103 gallons of gas (100% full), and NOT an ounce of gear. For the record I guessed the weight EXACTLY, should have joined the carnival I guess.

My estimate on the break down of the weight is:

Boat- 6,175 lbs. dry weight

Trailer - 1,500 lbs  

Fuel - 650 lbs.  (103 gal @ 6.3 lbs/gal)

Tower - 200 lbs.

Speakers - 175 lbs.  (4 REV10, 2 Subs/boxes, Amps)

Batteries - 100 lbs.

2A8D78F6-DDA4-42D3-9A15-15D55B92D01F.jpeg

9F611CE6-D6E5-4835-9F99-DE3DC20A1C28.jpeg

• Like 4
On 8/19/2021 at 11:18 AM, Sixer said:

Is that zephyr blue or black?  Looks blue in the pic with people sitting on the back, then looks black to me.

It is black. Dealer took the picture of the seats and I think he tinkered with the saturation before sending to me. 

Zephyrbluebu, did you get the LT4?  I am working on a build now and I think we have settled on the LT4. Trying to finalize the build sheet and colors.  I am thinking of sepia brown base with Nassau blue accents.  Hoping the blue and brown look good together.  Thanks for posting yours. 

9 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

Zephyrbluebu, did you get the LT4?  I am working on a build now and I think we have settled on the LT4. Trying to finalize the build sheet and colors.  I am thinking of sepia brown base with Nassau blue accents.  Hoping the blue and brown look good together.  Thanks for posting yours. 

Brown and Nassau look great together. I need to get some better pictures. 

37D67DE3-1556-4283-BF7B-E9F6646A2078.png

0A233C7D-DB90-453B-9718-445EBCE08F72.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for those photos.  Your boat looks great.  We went with a more conservative scheme on our '21 23 LSV, so thinking a more bold Nassau blue metallic and graphite for this one.  We should be pretty similar to your colors, which look great.

4 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

Looks more like machine silver to me, but similar color palette to what we are looking at.  

Screenshot (76).png

Screenshot (74).png

You boat is going to look awesome!  After seeing your picks I think I need to add a splash of Nassau blue to my interior seating.  Currently all cool saddle brown.

On 8/20/2021 at 2:17 PM, AWADD09 said:

could be that vapor ebony mettalic.  Just noticed it flashed a little blue in that one pic.  I like the interior combo,  that trim against the sepia looks great.  Is the dark trim only on the seat backs and rear pads?

Update based on user name Im thinking its Zephyr.

Might have to change my screen name. Our 2019 25 LSV was Zephyr Blue and white. Wasn’t great long term planning on my part.

Here is sepia brown with zephyr blue and white piping interior from 2019. I will take the same pic later today and post so everyone can see the difference on the interior lines.

I don’t remember exactly what colors are available in the cool touch fabric but I would recommend going ALL cool touch if you can find the colors to match your gel scheme. It is so much higher quality and yesterday we impressed 3 of our other Malibu boat owner friends as the cool touch actually works. Our cool touch ebony was cooler than sepia, vapor blue, graphite, azure blue, and even white (all non cool touch).

Also have a request to show the extended Bimini option so will snap that one too.

Left me know if anyone wants any other shots and I will try to accommodate  

:-)

FD717420-AB33-4D50-8E13-425F4F1ABD0E.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Thanks Zephyr.  In Montana we don't really need cool touch vinyl. But if there is a real quality difference it may be worth considering.  Not sure what the upcharge is, have to add to my list for the dealer to look into.  I am still torn over the Nassau blue metallic vs just Nassau blue.  The dealer had a Nassau blue and ebony M220 and it was really sharp without the flake.  

Edited by guitarcrazy
1 hour ago, ZephyrBlueBu said:

Might have to change my screen name. Our 2019 25 LSV was Zephyr Blue and white. Wasn’t great long term planning on my part.

Here is sepia brown with zephyr blue and white piping interior from 2019. I will take the same pic later today and post so everyone can see the difference on the interior lines.

I don’t remember exactly what colors are available in the cool touch fabric but I would recommend going ALL cool touch if you can find the colors to match your gel scheme. It is so much higher quality and yesterday we impressed 3 of our other Malibu boat owner friends as the cool touch actually works. Our cool touch ebony was cooler than sepia, vapor blue, graphite, azure blue, and even white (all non cool touch).

Also have a request to show the extended Bimini option so will snap that one too.

Left me know if anyone wants any other shots and I will try to accommodate  

:-)

FD717420-AB33-4D50-8E13-425F4F1ABD0E.jpeg

Thank you in advance for the picture of the extended Bimini.  If possible a side shot would be great so I can see what it looks like on the whole boat.

Would also love to hear your thoughts on whether extended Bimini is a worthy upgrade?

Edited by 4mc
16 hours ago, ZephyrBlueBu said:

Here is a pic that shows the interior a little better. We got all cool touch saddle brown and cool touch black. We love it as the black accents flow from bow to stern all the way through the boat. Compared it to a friends 2021 24 MXZ today and the upholstery is different, the material feels thicker and higher quality overall. The cushion are a little firmer and also have some built in contours to make them more comfortable. 

Still breaking in (at 8.6 hours) so still taking it a little easy. Will have some actual loaded up surf time later this week. 

This beast is heavy!!! There is a substantial difference in weight from our 2019. Never weighed the 2019 but stopped by the scale on the way to the lake today and she came in at 8,800 pounds (weight ticket attached) with a tandem axle trailer, 103 gallons of gas (100% full), and NOT an ounce of gear. For the record I guessed the weight EXACTLY, should have joined the carnival I guess.

My estimate on the break down of the weight is:

Boat- 6,175 lbs. dry weight

Trailer - 1,500 lbs  

Fuel - 650 lbs.  (103 gal @ 6.3 lbs/gal)

Tower - 200 lbs.

Speakers - 175 lbs.  (4 REV10, 2 Subs/boxes, Amps)

Batteries - 100 lbs.

2A8D78F6-DDA4-42D3-9A15-15D55B92D01F.jpeg

9F611CE6-D6E5-4835-9F99-DE3DC20A1C28.jpeg

It makes me wonder if I need to order a triple axel my a24 tandem axle trailer was rated at 8400 pounds not sure what the rating is on your trailer I’m surprised that it weighs that much

Edited by Livinlogs
Sp
5 hours ago, Livinlogs said:

It makes me wonder if I need to order a triple axel my a24 tandem axle trailer was rated at 8400 pounds not sure what the rating is on your trailer I’m surprised that it weighs that much

Order the Tripple, one of the best options the check the box on. Especially if you tow a decent amount.  

tows and tracks like a dream, looks bada$$ , and it’s piece of mind when we load up for Long hauls for houseboating.

I will be checking that “trippple” box on all future orders.

B592F5F0-54EA-4EE6-B4B9-2D187B137201.png

Luckily I tow once in April/May, and then again in September.  The trailer sits empty at our cabin all summer.  I am glad to save money on the trailer and put it into the boat.  If I towed every week I would probably go triple, and probably get a 3/4 ton pickup.