Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New lines on the 25 LSV

Sixer

16 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

so glad i am in the south, fire ext, throw cushion, jackets, sobriety , the rest they leave us alone,  in LA we haven't had hardcore enforcement in decades. Only way they stop us or anyone is for complete stupidity 

almost all of our deaths are lack of pfd pleasure snd fishing boaters

Yep, same here.  Grew up in OH.  I bet we were pulled over for 'safety checks' every fourth time out.  It was a complete joke...  

People rock the MC and G surf seats all season long while surfing here.  They are an awesome features and can't wait to see on the 25.  Cops are super good about everything here.  So reasonable.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, justgary said:

Very true.  You forgot a paddle, but a waterski will do.  Florida Marine Patrol got their funding cut a long time ago, so they declared that they are not responsible for water safety, just environmental issues.  They dropped the name and went with State Law Enforcement in green letters.  They will pull fishermen over to check bag limits or for poaching deer out of season (which does happen since hogs are legal all year long on private land), but you won't see them hanging around places that aren't fished much.

The Coast Guard, on the other hand, will pull you over just for driving within eyesight of them.  They are really easy to spot from miles away since they have a huge boat bristling with antennas and five dudes with big orange PFDs on.  They can only check you for the federal safety stuff, but your best plan if you must cross their path is to wait until they pull someone else over and then go for it.

In either case, don't have a bunch of fuel burping from your vent when they stop you....

was in destin  on night of 4th after fireworks and dinner snd wobbly pops after in inner harbor snd i put on music and rgb’s  to leave but no nav😳, as soon as i figured out and turned them on, wife said “pulling us over”! state enforcement in green

but though serious they were cool but once i fumbled for current registration after handing them old reg plus copy of license (newfell on floor out of ziplock in dark),  the questions on exactly what we ate , then repeat what i just asked you for (extinguisher, throw, pfd’s).  i passed snd they issued warning only🤓

12 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

was in destin  on night of 4th after fireworks and dinner snd wobbly pops after in inner harbor snd i put on music and rgb’s  to leave but no nav😳, as soon as i figured out and turned them on, wife said “pulling us over”! state enforcement in green

but though serious they were cool but once i fumbled for current registration after handing them old reg plus copy of license (newfell on floor out of ziplock in dark),  the questions on exactly what we ate , then repeat what i just asked you for (extinguisher, throw, pfd’s).  i passed snd they issued warning only🤓

I suppose they are all out showing the logo on the 4th.  They can write you for anything, but tend to leave you alone if they don't have a good reason to pull you over.  Leaving your lights off was enough for them.  The harbor gets crazy on the 4th.  The Coast Guard would have boarded you and gotten deeply into your knickers.

You should have looked me up.  We watched the fireworks across the bay in Niceville.  First time in many years, but we were driving through right before they started.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, justgary said:

I suppose they are all out showing the logo on the 4th.  They can write you for anything, but tend to leave you alone if they don't have a good reason to pull you over.  Leaving your lights off was enough for them.  The harbor gets crazy on the 4th.  The Coast Guard would have boarded you and gotten deeply into your knickers.

You should have looked me up.  We watched the fireworks across the bay in Niceville.  First time in many years, but we were driving through right before they started.

we plan to return this year without the boat maybe,  the bayou where you are was so nice to surf with that warm water 

38 minutes ago, justgary said:

fireworks for Okaloosa and destin were awesome, we were right behind them on the harbor snd it was insane, that long idle back to joe’s bayou was a pain though , started pouring the minute we got to launch

Edited by granddaddy55
3 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

fireworks for Okaloosa and destin were awesome, we were right behind them on the harbor snd it was insane, that long idle back to joe’s bayou was a pain though 

No need to idle the whole way.  The no wake zone ends at about Clement Taylor Park.  Be careful cutting corners though.  The water gets very shallow very quickly in some places.

2 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Back on topic please.

Sorry about that.

Put me in the camp that thinks that boat lines should flow smoothly and gracefully.  I never saw the point in the tribal graphics or hard angles in gel lines, much less in the interior.  I suppose we are all different and somebody actually asks for this stuff.

I think that the previous 25 lsv and current 23 lsv looks like their rub rail and lines were inspired by the Honda odyssey. The current lines with the middle dip I’m not so certain what was the inspiration except maybe a child with a pen?

It’s growing on me with good color choices but not as timeless as previous boats, yet. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a function/purpose/practicality to the zig-zag rub rail?  With the high freeboard does this dip help provide protection against a low-dock?  Is there a manufacturing advantage I can't see?  Or is it all just fashion?

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

So has the 25 been updated in shorter timeframe than all the other models? 3rd update since 16?

16,19,22 Every third year.

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, Chappy said:

3 years seems really short, they should go to 4 or 5.

The competition is changing too quickly so 3 years is becoming more normal. Mastercraft has gone from just riding on their brand name to actually becoming competitive in recent years. Centurion and Supra aren’t sitting around either.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, NWBU said:

The competition is changing too quickly so 3 years is becoming more normal. Mastercraft has gone from just riding on their brand name to actually becoming competitive in recent years. Centurion and Supra aren’t sitting around either.

I agree.  Not sure the premise of X yrs vs Y yrs.  Seems like the market would dictate the rate of change more than anything. 3 yrs does feel quick, but I agree in: A) the competition has been making huge strides & B) the focus for MBUU has to be on the fastest growing segments (tooners, surf and center consoles). 

On 7/9/2021 at 1:22 PM, Slayer said:

This looks great!  A little more flake than I personally care for but the new Nassau Blue flake is awesome and these colors help make the lines less drastic.  Regardless, I'm not a fan of the location of the Malibu logo.  It seems displaced.

Is this pic the new Nassau Blue or the vapor blue?

45 minutes ago, 4mc said:

Is this pic the new Nassau Blue or the vapor blue?

That is Nassau Blue Flake.  I would have ordered it in my '21 if it was available, but it's new for '22.  I saw a color swatch at the dealer a few weeks ago and it looks great.  It's what I would order if I was ordering a new Malibu this year.