Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New lines on the 25 LSV

Sixer

59 minutes ago, NWBU said:

This may be the pic you’re linking. I can see some pretty good looking boats being designed with the new gel lines and schemes.

EDF7AEFF-8A83-4477-99C5-A1B820793F44.thumb.jpeg.442ba995b782c168188f2a024adfa8ee.jpeg

This looks great!  A little more flake than I personally care for but the new Nassau Blue flake is awesome and these colors help make the lines less drastic.  Regardless, I'm not a fan of the location of the Malibu logo.  It seems displaced.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Slayer said:

This looks great!  A little more flake than I personally care for but the new Nassau Blue flake is awesome and these colors help make the lines less drastic.  Regardless, I'm not a fan of the location of the Malibu logo.  It seems displaced.

I think with those lines it’d look great to have Malibu in the back where wakesetter is and naked otherwise. 

• Like 2

Yea, new lines are really growing on me.  More freeboard, walk thru and rear seats...yep.

My dealer said 10% over 2021 25 LSV.

• Like 3

Sounds like they have made some sweet improvements to the boat and I am sure there are ways to make these new lines look good. The issue is Malibu needs to fire whoever designs their marketing/demo boats. I say this every year but I feel like they go out of their way to design the ugliest boats possible. Seriously, green and black exterior with green, black, light brown and dark brown interior.  That boat in the marketing video is absolutely hideous.  MC and Nautique never seem to make this mistake and is just sets a negative tone for a new boat launch.

• Like 2
On 7/9/2021 at 10:22 AM, NWBU said:

This may be the pic you’re linking. I can see some pretty good looking boats being designed with the new gel lines and schemes.

EDF7AEFF-8A83-4477-99C5-A1B820793F44.thumb.jpeg.442ba995b782c168188f2a024adfa8ee.jpeg

This looks amazing and is an example of what Bu should have used in their marketing video!

On 7/11/2021 at 12:23 PM, Chappy said:

Sounds like they have made some sweet improvements to the boat and I am sure there are ways to make these new lines look good. The issue is Malibu needs to fire whoever designs their marketing/demo boats. I say this every year but I feel like they go out of their way to design the ugliest boats possible. Seriously, green and black exterior with green, black, light brown and dark brown interior.  That boat in the marketing video is absolutely hideous.  MC and Nautique never seem to make this mistake and is just sets a negative tone for a new boat launch.

I am not a fan of the current promo boat but my 2019 is dang near identical to the 2019 catalog.  I do think the green is odd this year and would think they would want a design that would appeal most to the masses.  

• Like 3
17 hours ago, hethj7 said:

I am not a fan of the current promo boat but my 2019 is dang near identical to the 2019 catalog.  I do think the green is odd this year and would think they would want a design that would appeal most to the masses.  

Completely agree that they should have a boat that can appeal to the masses, especially in their marketing videos.  I am not anti green per se but the interior of this boat is just gawd awful.

Edited by Chappy
On 7/9/2021 at 8:50 AM, jcon44 said:

Its about time that Malibu got some real seats in the rear. 

Is the verdict still out on the legality of these seats?  Heavy enforcement on my river and I suspect you'd get a ticket right away if these were being used while underway.

57 minutes ago, Fffrank said:

Is the verdict still out on the legality of these seats?  Heavy enforcement on my river and I suspect you'd get a ticket right away if these were being used while underway.

Not intended for use while underway, MC and Nautique have had similar seats for a few years now.

51 minutes ago, NWBU said:

Another example of why dealers need to take over the promo boat designs from now on.

891D64A7-2EF2-4743-826C-4696F3870A27.thumb.jpeg.33e9a99d85f83372365a9ef72df77189.jpeg

if you didn’t like the greens promo boat, you should have seen the dealer video intro boat 

2 hours ago, NWBU said:

Another example of why dealers need to take over the promo boat designs from now on.

891D64A7-2EF2-4743-826C-4696F3870A27.thumb.jpeg.33e9a99d85f83372365a9ef72df77189.jpeg

Yeah this shouldn't be that hard to do.......

• Like 2
9 hours ago, NWBU said:

Inland Boat Company always builds some very good looking boats.  The scheme on this boat is sick!  I love it.  It works great with the new lines and really is a stellar looking boat.

On 7/14/2021 at 6:44 PM, NWBU said:

You are 100% correct, the designers for demo boat @ Malibu need to get fired.  The dealers will do a much better job and I am looking forward to seeing some sick boats in the next few months.

• Like 2

I don't like it.  Too many hard angled lines.  Looks like Skier's Choice (Supra and Moomba) hired the old engineers from the F-117 stealth fighter to design a boat.  Guess I'm just more classic/conservative and prefer timeless elegance to contemporary boldness.  But the boat definitely looks nice, though it seems to be gaining more features for pleasure boating rather than watersports.  Not bad as long as there isn't a compromise.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, 67King said:

though it seems to be gaining more features for pleasure boating rather than watersports.  Not bad as long as there isn't a compromise.

These are becoming lifestyle boats. I have owned tow boats for 25+ years and when I had my first one very few ppl owned these boats and they were for hardcore watersports enthusiasts. Now they are everywhere and a lot of new buyers are coming to market because of the features and amenities.  Do they like to surf, tube or do whatever? Sure but that is not their primary reason for the purchase.

On 7/13/2021 at 5:25 PM, hethj7 said:

I don’t see how the seats would be legal to ride in under any jurisdiction that I know of. I doubt that was Malibu’s intent.   They are for the swim cove.  

so glad i am in the south, fire ext, throw cushion, jackets, sobriety , the rest they leave us alone,  in LA we haven't had hardcore enforcement in decades. Only way they stop us or anyone is for complete stupidity 

almost all of our deaths are lack of pfd pleasure snd fishing boaters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

so glad i am in the south, fire ext, throw cushion, jackets, sobriety , the rest they leave us alone,  in LA we haven't had hardcore enforcement in decades. Only way they stop us or anyone is for complete stupidity 

almost all of our deaths are lack of pfd pleasure snd fishing boaters

Very true.  You forgot a paddle, but a waterski will do.  Florida Marine Patrol got their funding cut a long time ago, so they declared that they are not responsible for water safety, just environmental issues.  They dropped the name and went with State Law Enforcement in green letters.  They will pull fishermen over to check bag limits or for poaching deer out of season (which does happen since hogs are legal all year long on private land), but you won't see them hanging around places that aren't fished much.

The Coast Guard, on the other hand, will pull you over just for driving within eyesight of them.  They are really easy to spot from miles away since they have a huge boat bristling with antennas and five dudes with big orange PFDs on.  They can only check you for the federal safety stuff, but your best plan if you must cross their path is to wait until they pull someone else over and then go for it.

In either case, don't have a bunch of fuel burping from your vent when they stop you....

Just my opinion , but my dealer has a brand new 2022 that just arrived . Great color choices and I think the boat is amazing looking . Great features and livability . Can’t comment on how it will surf, but I assume that it’s as good as the last model or better . I’m sure it will be a great seller . Made me excited for the T250 I have coming