Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Frozen engine ?

First start after the winter, changed my impeller, hooked up the “ fake a lake”, tuned the water on, started the engine, started, within 1 minute saw smoke, shut the engine off, saw that alternator pulley was frozen, got it loosen up, restarted the engine. 2 minutes later, engine oil and water everywhere in the engine bay. Shut the engine off and ended up pumping 10 gallons of water and oil from the engine, I think the water from the “fake a lake” was going directly in the engine. engine won’t turn over at all now. Can someone explain to me what happened ? 

The only way I know of how to get water from a fake a Lake into your engine to mix with the oil would be a blown head gasket or a cracked head.  Pull the plugs and see what comes out. If water pours out you have a blown head gasket or cracked head.  But to get that much water oil in your engine bay I think you cracked your block.  Look around for water oil coming out of a crack.  your engine won't turn over due to hydrolock with water in the cylinder and liquids don't compress.

Could it have froze over the winter? Cracked the block and or heads then it would have taken a few minutes 

for the engine to get warm enough for the crack to separate and let the water and oil to flow out. 

4 hours ago, BigbearXTI said:

Would that happen even if the engine was running fine and it never overheated ? 

Yes engines fail fir a number of reasons.  Freezing over the winter.  Lack of lube, going out of time, pre-detonation.  Imagine head gasket blows on one cylinder during warm up and dumps coolant into cylinder during the power stroke.  Water does not compress and damaged the rod cracking the block