Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge issue - 2012 LSV

Hello everyone,

RE: 2012 LSV 23, 100 hours. 6.0 L96. 
My Power wedge is physically stuck ‘up’ and will not move. If I deploy the wedge, the 20A lenco fuse blows immediately, and maliview says wedge is ‘down’, but the wedge does not move. Once I replace the fuse & restart the boat, the reading is back to ‘up’, but will immediately blow if I deploy. Any help here would be appreciated, I’m trying to avoid a trip to the repair shop. Thanks in advance for your expertise!! 
wedge-less in VA 

I would start by checking the wedge actuators.  They can be removed from the wedge bracket, disconnected from the harness, and tested individually using a fused jumper wire to power and a ground wire at the actuator connector.  Both actuators need to extend and retract at the same speed to prevent the Lenco box fuse from blowing.  A faulty actuator should be replaced with a new pair.

A damaged or improperly adjusted wedge bracket or a direct short to ground in the wiring harness or lenco box can also cause the fuse to blow.