Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 Changes???

SortaSurfs

2 hours ago, martinarcher said:

I view it the other way, it's a seat with some expensive machined aluminum sliders.  Please leave it out of the budget line to save that cost.  These boats are so darn expensive already, anything to take cost out makes them a little more achievable to families that want to get out on the water.

Personally, I'd love to see a bare bones, no frills, no electronic dash, 22ish foot wake boat that comes in the $40k range that lets a families that doesn't want a second mortgage to get out on the water.  A guy can dream right?

Forum guys love taking away from the actual topic. Funny stuff. 

2 minutes ago, yotaisgame said:

Forum guys love taking away from the actual topic. Funny stuff. 

a 40000 dollar 22foot wake boat

i did my best with only vital options, cleats, bimini, flush, heater, sp 1, snap in carpet, pnp plumbing only no sacs, surf gate, wedge 

standard white with std black tower with standard white interior with black and grey accents ( in other words stock no upgrades) 

49800 for an ordered 14 a20 with an EOY 1000 off in dec 2013 with  or without std single axle trailer (i purchased painted galvanized tandem for 5000 extra!!) even if i deleted surf gate and wedge i would have been above 40,  you have to go back to beginning of axis to get that pricing for a 22, there are dreams and then fantasy

• Like 1

The T220 is a really good looking boat in person.  It is a significant step up in both size and design aesthetic from the T22.  Love it.

• Like 2

I was super tempted by the T220 when I ordered my 22' A22.  For me it came down to knowing whether or not it would fit in my garage.  I ordered in May so specs on the T220 weren't all there, even for the dealer.  Couldn't get any confirmation, so went with what I knew .  Stoked for the A22 though and the new screen.  I think overall I'm picklefork person, but that new T220 bow is pretty awesome.

What is the idea behind the low grab handles?  I like them not being at my kids head level but not sure how useful they are on the bottom.  Maybe more useful for those with rough water?

I occasionally tie a bouy ball to mine but wouldn't want the rope going over the vinyl with the new location. 

On 8/27/2021 at 9:54 AM, rennis said:

The T220 is a really good looking boat in person.  It is a significant step up in both size and design aesthetic from the T22.  Love it.

@rennis How does the T220 compare to the A22 both in size and on water performance if you were out on it? I’m debating between the 2 for a 2022 build. Thanks!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Shong428 said:

@rennis How does the T220 compare to the A22 both in size and on water performance if you were out on it? I’m debating between the 2 for a 2022 build. Thanks!

I haven't seen specs, but I know the T22 was around 4200 dry weight.  I think the T220 is 4800.

On 8/29/2021 at 4:27 PM, yotaisgame said:

Interesting that the 2021 M220 has a 79gal tank 

T220 is nothing like the M220. Very very different boats.

• Like 2
On 8/29/2021 at 9:41 AM, Shong428 said:

I think your dealer would be better equipped to answer that question, especially in performance.  My amateur observation was that the T220 was taller and had more freeboard than the A22 by a visible margin.  The bow space is bigger in the A22 but the T220 bow is a hybrid and also very roomy. My hunch is the T220 throws a bigger wave/wake out of the box, but you couldn't go wrong with either boat.  If i was on the fence between the two it would probably come down to which design I prefer (I'm a traditional bow kinda guy, so it's an easy choice for me anyway) and what my dealer believed would fit my needs best.

From what I am hearing you should make a decision fast if you want a 2022 boat...

I'm not convinced that there isn't some M220 magic in the T220. The T220 pumped out a wake that frankly surprised the heck out of me. That's not to say the T220 is a mini M220, but I wouldn't be surprised if you found some extremely close similarities in hull design.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

I'm not convinced that there isn't some M220 magic in the T220. The T220 pumped out a wake that frankly surprised the heck out of me. That's not to say the T220 is a mini M220, but I wouldn't be surprised if you found some extremely close similarities in hull design.

Exactly my thoughts

9 hours ago, rennis said:

I think your dealer would be better equipped to answer that question, especially in performance.  My amateur observation was that the T220 was taller and had more freeboard than the A22 by a visible margin.  The bow space is bigger in the A22 but the T220 bow is a hybrid and also very roomy. My hunch is the T220 throws a bigger wave/wake out of the box, but you couldn't go wrong with either boat.  If i was on the fence between the two it would probably come down to which design I prefer (I'm a traditional bow kinda guy, so it's an easy choice for me anyway) and what my dealer believed would fit my needs best.

From what I am hearing you should make a decision fast if you want a 2022 boat...

Thanks @rennis that’s the exact feed back I was looking for! My dealer hasn’t seen one in person yet so couldn’t really tell me those things! T220 it is! Order placed! Thanks man! 

13 hours ago, Shong428 said:

Thanks @rennis that’s the exact feed back I was looking for! My dealer hasn’t seen one in person yet so couldn’t really tell me those things! T220 it is! Order placed! Thanks man! 

Congrats!  We finalized our order yesterday too.  Now we sit back and wait for a build date!

The T220 absolutely has more freeboard and is deeper than the A22.  I sat in an A22 at my dealer last night and while it's got plenty of depth, the T220 is measurably more.  It's going to be a really good boat for Axis!

• Like 2

The T220 wake will definitely go blow for blow with an A22. I am 6' tall and can extend my legs fully in the bow. Felt more comfortable than the cramped 23LSV bow (which I hate lol).

Edited by boardjnky4