Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 Changes???

SortaSurfs

On 7/13/2021 at 10:46 PM, ahopkinsVTX said:

Your dealer has all the details on all changes by this point. They can walk you through the options on their portal. Typically Malibu does press releases about every week and website updates around this time. Timing isn’t firm but we’ve already seen the new 25 so I suspect we will see more in the coming weeks. 

Sounds good - will go see dealer to get more details. He did say he could show me some stuff in his office but can’t send it to me (believe it is vids of Garmin)

• Like 1
On 6/20/2021 at 3:22 PM, Livinlogs said:

That is everything I remember as well . Ordered a t250 

Any more details on T220?  Dealer pinged me after i was getting ready to go from 2022 A20->A22 (feeling like A20 might be too small after spending time on water this weekend). He said the t220 would be about same price but "very rounded" front and spacious bow. I asked if anything else would be different beyond the bow but no answer. If it is indeed a totally new boat, could it have features/things that the 2022 A22 won't have? Is there an equiv in the Malibu line up?

Suspense is killing me - i may have to just drive out and see dealer to see the T220 video he has.  Very bizarre this whole secretive process.

On 7/13/2021 at 1:59 PM, LBJAxis said:

I bought a used 2018 Axis A22. The stereo says XM ready, but I can’t select it in the console, it is greyed out.

I called XM, but they need the serial number for the radio to get it working, which I can’t access. I feel like I am missing an attachment of some sort, but don’t know which one or where to begin my internet search.

2 minutes ago, TommyTuna said:

Any more details on T220?  Dealer pinged me after i was getting ready to go from 2022 A20->A22 (feeling like A20 might be too small after spending time on water this weekend). He said the t220 would be about same price but "very rounded" front and spacious bow. I asked if anything else would be different beyond the bow but no answer. If it is indeed a totally new boat, could it have features/things that the 2022 A22 won't have? Is there an equiv in the Malibu line up?

Suspense is killing me - i may have to just drive out and see dealer to see the T220 video he has.  Very bizarre this whole secretive process.

I didn’t look at the t220 . I’m sure the dealer has all the details. I watched all the videos with my dealer and built the boat right there . I also like that you can now get the matching soft grip all along the deck. Prior years you could just get black on the bow . I had gator step make me an almost matching set for my 21 A24. I think it was about 750 for the factory to add it for 22 . 

1 hour ago, Livinlogs said:

I didn’t look at the t220 . I’m sure the dealer has all the details. I watched all the videos with my dealer and built the boat right there . I also like that you can now get the matching soft grip all along the deck. Prior years you could just get black on the bow . I had gator step make me an almost matching set for my 21 A24. I think it was about 750 for the factory to add it for 22 . 

I'm assuming the T220 would just be smaller brother of the T250.  What does the T250 pair up with on the Malibu side?  Anything else special in terms of config/seating/bow shape etc?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TommyTuna said:

I'm assuming the T220 would just be smaller brother of the T250.  What does the T250 pair up with on the Malibu side?  Anything else special in terms of config/seating/bow shape etc?

It mirrors the 25lsv. So this year they are both new models . T250 gets some nice features already mentioned including walk thru transom and pop up ski pylon . Everything else is standard axis stuff and you can get the LT4 motor like in A24 as well . Ours should be in pretty soon 

On 7/19/2021 at 2:49 PM, TommyTuna said:

FWIW, I think the A22 will be due for a refresh in 2023, so if you got a ‘2022 A22, it would likely be the last year of that version. Whereas with the T22/T220, you’d avoid missing out on a big model refresh. I’d imagine the ‘22 T22 model would be everything the current A22 is and maybe more. And if I had to guess, the difference in bow size in the A22 vs T22 won’t be huge with the T22 refresh. But I’m speculating.

7 hours ago, formerathlete said:

FWIW, I think the A22 will be due for a refresh in 2023, so if you got a ‘2022 A22, it would likely be the last year of that version. Whereas with the T22/T220, you’d avoid missing out on a big model refresh. I’d imagine the ‘22 T22 model would be everything the current A22 is and maybe more. And if I had to guess, the difference in bow size in the A22 vs T22 won’t be huge with the T22 refresh. But I’m speculating.

I guess what constitutes a "redesign" - is it mainly the Hull shape? From what i see all 2022 models get the new electronics/garmin and same new options like double bimini.

8 hours ago, formerathlete said:

The bow will still end up being a bit smaller on the T22/220 vs the A22. Even if it gets slightly wider, usually the T boats have the helm pushed a bit more forward than the A boats do. That's pretty much the case with all the traditional bow boats vs pickle fork bow boats that Malibu/Axis makes. Traditional Bow = more space behind the helm.

The videos and images seen show it being a much deeper boat with a total redesign hull and interior. All the models get get the dash for 2022, but like mentioned I have a feeling the A22 will be new for 2023

• Like 1

Just ordered our A24 Friday. Super excited to see it (expected delivery to dealer is October/November). Opted for the sport dash to have the back up manual controls for ballast, wedge, and surf gate. Also got the full bimini since we're coming from a 2011 Malibu and love the coverage it provides.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Just ordered our A24 Friday. Super excited to see it (expected delivery to dealer is October/November). Opted for the sport dash to have the back up manual controls for ballast, wedge, and surf gate. Also got the full bimini since we're coming from a 2011 Malibu and love the coverage it provides.

Do you have pics of the full bimini?  I have yet to see pics and have a friend asking about it.

1 hour ago, bcoppess23 said:

Do you have pics of the full bimini?  I have yet to see pics and have a friend asking about it.

I have a phone pic of the dealers computer screen from their internal dealer video . I don’t want to post it , but think like the fluid concepts appearance . I ordered it without really questioning it . It looks like a separate operation rather than one continuous cover . The videos I saw were from an early build or prototype I would guess . That was May I guess so the videos were older than that . 

On 7/19/2021 at 5:16 PM, TommyTuna said:

13 minutes ago, TommyTuna said:

Is it all or nothing deployment of the full Bimini or does it have a few positions?

It looks like you can do just the front or do both. I suppose you could deploy just back but not sure about that . It looks like two separate units that give great coverage. Something I am always wanting on my current boat. It does look like that aftermarket product I referenced 

Well, I found out my Spray date was July 23.  We haven't heard of any delay, so I suppose our 2022 (now) A22 is currently in production.  I'm guessing we will be one of the earliest units to make it into the wild.  I've heard it takes somewhere from 7 - 10 days to build, but I never thought the boat would go into production this soon so I'm not sure if that is truly the case.  I have no idea how long shipping to will take. 

We did get confirmation that our dealer added the Sports Dash prior to production, so we did get that option.  It was too late in the process to add the double bimini, so maybe we can look at the Fluid Concepts option down the line. 

I still think it's kind of crazy that we are this close to having production model boats in the hands of the public without any information or media hype from Malibu/Axis.  But, I guess I'm no marketing guru, so what do I know... 

I will definitely be sure to post pictures when the boat gets here, assuming they don't start popping up everywhere before then!

6 hours ago, SortaSurfs said:

Well, I found out my Spray date was July 23.  We haven't heard of any delay, so I suppose our 2022 (now) A22 is currently in production.  I'm guessing we will be one of the earliest units to make it into the wild.  I've heard it takes somewhere from 7 - 10 days to build, but I never thought the boat would go into production this soon so I'm not sure if that is truly the case.  I have no idea how long shipping to will take. 

We did get confirmation that our dealer added the Sports Dash prior to production, so we did get that option.  It was too late in the process to add the double bimini, so maybe we can look at the Fluid Concepts option down the line. 

I still think it's kind of crazy that we are this close to having production model boats in the hands of the public without any information or media hype from Malibu/Axis.  But, I guess I'm no marketing guru, so what do I know... 

I will definitely be sure to post pictures when the boat gets here, assuming they don't start popping up everywhere before then!

Congrats - sounds like it is close. Can’t wait to see pics - especially of the new dash and garmin! I plan on ordering the A22 in mid/late Aug timeframe for delivery next spring.

I too find it very bizarre that 2022 features are still a secret. Are they still finishing some 2021s and concerned owners won’t take delivery?

Edited by TommyTuna
11 hours ago, SortaSurfs said:

Seems like at this point boats don’t even need any marketing. Build slots fill so quickly that most people get the preview straight from dealer and just order.  

Not like it’s any different from previous years in terms of having to get new year info straight from the dealer.

We ordered our A24 last year just on a couple early pics from our dealer. 

On 7/25/2021 at 8:29 PM, bcoppess23 said:

Sorry I don't have any pics. I only saw the video that the dealer had of the new changes. 

ahopkins22LSV
15 hours ago, TommyTuna said:

Congrats - sounds like it is close. Can’t wait to see pics - especially of the new dash and garmin! I plan on ordering the A22 in mid/late Aug timeframe for delivery next spring.

I too find it very bizarre that 2022 features are still a secret. Are they still finishing some 2021s and concerned owners won’t take delivery?

Dealers have 100% of the information and have had for awhile for the 22 MY. Malibu always releases models individually with walk through videos. They always start with the major changes like completely new models or complete redesigns. If an existing model is just getting across the board changes they may not release a specific walk through video. You have to order at the dealer anyway so I don’t understand peoples gripe. 22MY is right around the corner for most auto manufacturers and do we know all the details on those yet?

That dash layout isn't perfect to my eye, but it's a huge improvement over the analog layout of the current boats.

I'm seriously contemplating ordering a new T220 now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rennis said:

That dash layout isn't perfect to my eye, but it's a huge improvement over the analog layout of the current boats.

I'm seriously contemplating ordering a new T220 now.

Hopefully it’s the angle of the photo but is the stereo back to a more vertical mount similar to the 2016s ??  They had angled the screens on the newer models to make it more visible to the driver