Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 Changes???

SortaSurfs

12 hours ago, theloungelife said:

Not my pic, but this is a screenshot from the FB post.  Note to Mods, feel free to take down if this shouldn't be in here. 

As far as the dash, I'm a fan.  I think the field of view is a great improvement.  Love that they are Garmin too, as I've had multiple Garmin watches I've liked.  Note I think this has the "Sport Dash" option.

image.thumb.png.8520de27ecd643c931c105bac1ca627c.png

image.thumb.png.0ab040bbcdabf8b4564d107584f942e8.png

Is this s as n option across all Models or just the t220 and t250?

• Like 1

What I’m reading from others is that it is standard across all Axis models. There is supposed to be an added option called the Sport Dash that may add back some buttons(as well as a wireless charger and something else I can’t remember). Don’t know exactly what the buttons control.  I don’t have 100% confirmation on this but it seems to be what people are saying after they have placed their orders.

• Like 1

I think the dash looks fine. Electronics scare me tho. The whole reason we went with Axis was for the more analog set up. Have had zero issues since we ordered ours new in 2018 and we have over 400 hours already. We were thinking about upgrading but we are skeptical now. We will wait it out a year or two more and see how these electronics do. 

On another note... The lines on the new T250 and 25LSV are not my favorite. 

Edited by CBray4
T250/25LSV
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, CBray4 said:

I think the dash looks fine. Electronics scare me tho. The whole reason we went with Axis was for the more analog set up. Have had zero issues since we ordered ours new in 2018 and we have over 400 hours already. We were thinking about upgrading but we are skeptical now. We will wait it out a year or two more and see how these electronics do. 

On another note... The lines on the new T250 and 25LSV are not my favorite. 

I’ll be waiting for the A24(I’m assuming A240) redesign in a couple years to order again. Hopefully all the bugs will be worked out with the touch screens by then. Love my Garmin products, so hopefully there won’t be many issues. Hoping they continue to keep button back ups as an ordering option. 

Edited by Dsalyers
1 minute ago, Dsalyers said:

I’ll be waiting for the A24(I’m assuming A240) redesign in a couple years to order again. Hopefully all the bugs will be worked out with the touch screens by then. Love my Garmin products, so hopefully there won’t be many issues. 

We've already had a redesign since we ordered ours in 2018. Ours throws a plenty good wave. Has been amazing from a reliability stand point. Only thing I wish we had was the brown interior(2019) and the stiffer foam on the interior cushions(2019). Our seats are way too soft and have settled in so you can feel the support beams when you sit down. 

We will wait a couple years to see the bugs worked out as well. And maybe they will throw in the super fast M ballast pumps in all the boats by then as well. 

53 minutes ago, CBray4 said:

And maybe they will throw in the super fast M ballast pumps in all the boats by then as well. 

I'd like to see this as well!  I'm often on a tight time crunch as my wake crew normally rides at dawn on weekdays before we head into work.  Every minute saved counts.  

isnt the sport dash the manual surf control on the bottom right pad. 

all models get the screen and cup holder. 

there is also matching soft grip on the top of the dash if you get the sport option if not its just black. 

I’ve heard that the sport dash also adds a wireless charge mat but no confirmation on that. 

I wish there were pictures somewhere of the extended Bimini. We are very interested in that option. 

I just went to a dealer 4 weeks ago for an A24.  He told me to wait until 2022 was out due to the proposed changes mentioned here (Garmin screen and double-bimini).  I had to wait 3 weeks just to see one (was already sold, but got to look at it before handed off to buyer).

I'm super stoked.  The console looks like the field-of-view has increased, which is a big bonus.  I prefer the Garmin, rather than push-buttons.  It does add risk to more things going wrong... but it's Garmin.  It was a good choice for consumer trust.

Now, I just want to see one with the double-bimini, and I'm placing my order!

1 hour ago, Apax said:

I just went to a dealer 4 weeks ago for an A24.  He told me to wait until 2022 was out due to the proposed changes mentioned here (Garmin screen and double-bimini).  I had to wait 3 weeks just to see one (was already sold, but got to look at it before handed off to buyer).

I'm super stoked.  The console looks like the field-of-view has increased, which is a big bonus.  I prefer the Garmin, rather than push-buttons.  It does add risk to more things going wrong... but it's Garmin.  It was a good choice for consumer trust.

Now, I just want to see one with the double-bimini, and I'm placing my order!

so your dealer had a 2022 model you saw in person thats been sold?  i didn't realize dealers were already getting 2022's in?

9 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

so your dealer had a 2022 model you saw in person thats been sold?  i didn't realize dealers were already getting 2022's in?

2022 switch isn’t until July. Doubt there was a 2022 out there, dealers do have videos I believe. 

I was just looking around on the internet and found a dealer that posted the build sheet for a 2022. Looks like the “dual” Bimini is an $800 upgrade ($1,000 for front Bimini and $1,800 for dual). Sports dash with wireless charging is $556. Looked like the phone holder might be standard now as I didn’t see an option for that. Also none of their boats had the ski pylon added as an option so not sure if they are now standard, unavailable or if that dealer just orders without the pylon. 

11 hours ago, SortaSurfs said:

Also none of their boats had the ski pylon added as an option so not sure if they are now standard, unavailable or if that dealer just orders without the pylon. 

Hey, on my 22' A22 build sheet the ski pylon was a $254 option fyi.  That's correct on the bimini as well.  I personally opted to go with the $800 normal one and ordered a fluid concepts extension for $1300.  A little mroe expensive, but wanted the option to close the extension part.   According ot my dealer the extended bimini is either totally open or it's closed.  

4 hours ago, theloungelife said:

Hey, on my 22' A22 build sheet the ski pylon was a $254 option fyi.   

Did your dealer give you any idea about when they thought your boat would be built/delivered?  We are a 2021 (end of February) order now getting a 2022. We still don’t have a projected date of delivery. Just wondering what new order timelines are being discussed. 

Will the new Garmin screen also support navigation/maps? Thinking of ordering an A22 and coming from boats where i  have always installed a Garmin to navigate the lakes (and also cool to hookup to ETEC engine and get realtime fuel economy etc)

23 hours ago, SortaSurfs said:

Did your dealer give you any idea about when they thought your boat would be built/delivered?  We are a 2021 (end of February) order now getting a 2022. We still don’t have a projected date of delivery. Just wondering what new order timelines are being discussed. 

We ordered a 2021 A-24 back in November in order to lock in the special pricing Axis was offering at the time. We were told an expected delivery date sometime between April/May. We found out in May our order was being switched to a 2022 and that Axis would honor the 2021 pricing. I got in contact with the Axis rep for our area in order to get an answer on a delivery date. It took a few weeks to get answer from him but he did get back to me last week. He told us Axis isn’t building any 2022 A24’s in July  and that we would most likely see our boat sometime in Aug. I’m not sure what the build schedule is for A22’s if that’s what you ordered? That’s what I know as of now🤷‍♂️

On 7/2/2021 at 2:21 PM, SortaSurfs said:

Did your dealer give you any idea about when they thought your boat would be built/delivered?

My dealer said late Aug/early Sept and felt pretty good about it.  We’ll see.  I just hope I get it broken in and at least a few sets by end of Oct when our season ends.

my local dealer also saying if we order the A20 2022 it would likely show up in Sept/Oct. Not sure it is worth taking delivery in Oct only to winterize it 4 weeks later so i may be resigning myself to an early 2022 delivery (have the dealer hold it over the winter).   What they haven't been able to give me firm detail on is the 2022 changes/features/options. Both the Garmin and Double bimini seem like amazing updates but are there other updates?  Can someone post a link to the build sheet that was floating around?

Right now, we're set on the surf package, gas shock assist tower, cleats, stereo upgrades, bimini (bigger bimini would be nicer), gator step flooring, dock lights. Am I missing any other must add options that I will regret?

On 7/2/2021 at 4:21 PM, SortaSurfs said:

22 hours ago, TommyTuna said:

anyone have updates on the switch over to 2022 model line? i was told by dealer they start producing 2022 boats after July 4th long weekend.

A handful may be built before then, but actual MY22 changeover is on July 1.

On 7/12/2021 at 8:01 AM, 23LSVOwner said:

A handful may be built before then, but actual MY22 changeover is on July 1.

When do they typically reveal the 2022 changes on website? Find it odd that they are building/ordering 2022s but no official details.  Then again been a very long time since i bought a new boat (last two times was at January boat show)

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, TommyTuna said:

When do they typically reveal the 2022 changes on website? Find it odd that they are building/ordering 2022s but no official details.  Then again been a very long time since i bought a new boat (last two times was at January boat show)

Your dealer has all the details on all changes by this point. They can walk you through the options on their portal. Typically Malibu does press releases about every week and website updates around this time. Timing isn’t firm but we’ve already seen the new 25 so I suspect we will see more in the coming weeks.