Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 Changes???

SortaSurfs

I’m one of the lucky folks that ordered a 2021 Axis but will now be moved to a 2022 model because Malibu/Axis wasn’t able to meet normal production. I’m mostly ok with the change as my dealer has been up front and accommodating regarding the timeframe. 

However, Now that the “ship has sailed” on 2021 models does anyone know when Malibu/Axis will officially reveal the new features and options to the public? 

I’ve seen the rumors about the new dash with screen, and even found one picture online that appears to show the new layout. I’m worried about this because part of our decision to go with Axis was for the “less electronic” nature of the dash. Does anyone know if the new dash is an optional upgrade or will it be standard?  If standard, what exactly will it control? Will the entire boat run through the screen, or just certain limited functions?

Are there any other new standard features, or any other “must-have” optional upgrades?  I read about a possible new optional Bimini… any new details on that? 

I have a 22' A22 on order right now.  The screen is standard.  There is an option for some analog buttons for ballast etc.  I ordered it for backup.  Gauge wise, I think that is all in the screen now.  I believe the screen is made by Garmin if I remember correctly.  I do like that the screen is off to the side, so should have better field of view compared to the analog dash that had the big hump in the middle.  

There indeed is a new extended bimini option.  I opted for the regular one and decided to order a fluid concepts extension for when I need it.  Ended up being just a little more than being stuck with the extended all the time.

In terms of options, I think it depends what boat you're getting.  The new T220 (previously T22) is a whole new boat.  There is also a new T250.  On the A22, I think the the main "new" option is the "Sports dash" and the extended bimini.  Th sports dash includes the analog ballast etc buttons, matching seadek on the dash and a wireless phone charging spot.  It is $556 on my build sheet.  I think the extended bimini was $1800, but can't remember exactly.

• Like 2

Thank you for the reply!  I was beginning to think I asked the un-answerable question... Ha!  Thank you for the report on the new screen/dash being standard.  I will definitely want to go back and add the analog buttons since they are available as an option to add back. 

I guess I would want to see the difference between the standard bimini and the new optional extended bimini.  $1800 is a pretty good chunk of change for something that we could possibly add later through the aftermarket.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, theloungelife said:

I have a 22' A22 on order right now.  The screen is standard.  There is an option for some analog buttons for ballast etc.  I ordered it for backup.  Gauge wise, I think that is all in the screen now.  I believe the screen is made by Garmin if I remember correctly.  I do like that the screen is off to the side, so should have better field of view compared to the analog dash that had the big hump in the middle.  

There indeed is a new extended bimini option.  I opted for the regular one and decided to order a fluid concepts extension for when I need it.  Ended up being just a little more than being stuck with the extended all the time.

In terms of options, I think it depends what boat you're getting.  The new T220 (previously T22) is a whole new boat.  There is also a new T250.  On the A22, I think the the main "new" option is the "Sports dash" and the extended bimini.  Th sports dash includes the analog ballast etc buttons, matching seadek on the dash and a wireless phone charging spot.  It is $556 on my build sheet.  I think the extended bimini was $1800, but can't remember exactly.

That is everything I remember as well . Ordered a t250 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jacksz28 said:

What pricing are you getting on your A22?  I priced one out at my dealer with high options and it seemed very high, like Malibu money. 

There is likely a 10% increase in 22’. But also not a lot of deals to be had when these boats are selling themselves and every build slot a dealer has sells out. 

My 22' A22 breakdown was this:  $122k msrp after options and dealer fees.  Out the door for $107k.  This included $3k off from using dealer finance at 6% with a minimum of 8 months before I switch it out.  Roughly 12% off MSRP.  Breaking down the MSRP, it was 84.5K Base Boat, 31.5K Options, 6k Dealer Fees/Services.

Of note, I priced out a 22' 23 MXZ with the same dealer and similar types of options.  Was going to be around $165k out the door and I think around $195k-200k msrp.  Hope that helps.  

Stoked for this boat!  M6, PW3 and a whole lot of fun soon.  I've loved my 13' A22 but excited for new things.

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 8.38.15 AM.png

• Like 4
2 hours ago, theloungelife said:

My 22' A22 breakdown was this:  $122k msrp after options and dealer fees.  Out the door for $107k.  This included $3k off from using dealer finance at 6% with a minimum of 8 months before I switch it out.  Roughly 12% off MSRP.  Breaking down the MSRP, it was 84.5K Base Boat, 31.5K Options, 6k Dealer Fees/Services.

Of note, I priced out a 22' 23 MXZ with the same dealer and similar types of options.  Was going to be around $165k out the door and I think around $195k-200k msrp.  Hope that helps.  

Stoked for this boat!  M6, PW3 and a whole lot of fun soon.  I've loved my 13' A22 but excited for new things.

When I bought my boat I got a similar "incentive" for using their financing.  I paid off 90% of the loan in the first payment and then just made the regular payments for the next 5 months to minimize the interest expense.

1 hour ago, amartin said:

When I bought my boat I got a similar "incentive" for using their financing.  I paid off 90% of the loan in the first payment and then just made the regular payments for the next 5 months to minimize the interest expense.

That's a good strategy.  My plan is to pay off a chunk with money from my current boat which I own outright.  Might follow your strategy with what's left after that before moving to its final loan.  6% isn't horrible, but I know there are better deals out there.

1 hour ago, Jacksz28 said:

Thanks for the replies.  My dealer is only wanting to discount 5% if I finance with them.  There is also $8k dealer prep.  My out the door was over $130k.   

Yeah, it's a crazy market right now.  Not sure if it helped, but I already had a relationship with the current dealer as I always serviced through them etc.

What’s wrong with the dash?  Finally went to Garmin screens instead of Medallions?  Hopefully Malibu goes to Garmin also. My buddies had the same Garmin screen in his boat for years. Still performs flawlessly. I’d like to see Malibu go to a screen system like Pavati. Not as big, but as reliable. 

A couple pictures just got posted in a Facebook group. Appears to be a Garmin screen on the Axis. Screen is set off to the right of the steering wheel. Below that looks like a round dial with up/down left/right buttons.  Phone holder to the left of the steering wheel with stereo below on left side. 
Not sure whether to be excited or nervous about these changes

I saw the pics this morning.  Not the best by any stretch. To me the dash looks unfinished, like all the components were plugged in separately without thinking of the final design.  

7 hours ago, SortaSurfs said:

A couple pictures just got posted in a Facebook group. Appears to be a Garmin screen on the Axis. Screen is set off to the right of the steering wheel. Below that looks like a round dial with up/down left/right buttons.  Phone holder to the left of the steering wheel with stereo below on left side. 
Not sure whether to be excited or nervous about these changes

I will never understand why Malibu doesn't launch/announce their new boats before they start shipping or selling them.  It's not going to impact the 2021s sitting on dealer lots (at least not in this market!)  Every year all the designs/boats leak when dealers post them for sale or via people who are able to walk in and order them with their dealer.

23 hours ago, theloungelife said:

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 8.38.15 AM.png

Holy crap!! That’s more than my 2021 A24 was. Has the market really gotten that insane??

33 minutes ago, Dsalyers said:

Holy crap!! That’s more than my 2021 A24 was. Has the market really gotten that insane??

ummmm.. Yes.  Not just on boats!  House two doors down from me just sold for $650k over asking price in less than 24 hours (how can anyone feel good about that!?!?!?!)  Car dealer lots are empty and they are begging people to sell them their nice used cars and offering insane money.  Boats are leading the insanity right now!

2 hours ago, gregtay said:

ummmm.. Yes.  Not just on boats!  House two doors down from me just sold for $650k over asking price in less than 24 hours (how can anyone feel good about that!?!?!?!)  Car dealer lots are empty and they are begging people to sell them their nice used cars and offering insane money.  Boats are leading the insanity right now!

Same here in Bend, Oregon. My parents house appraised for 800k. It sold in less then a day for the 1.3 million. A dude from California didn’t care he paid 500k more then it’s worth.   The dude showed up with his lawyer and a transferred the money that day.  

Totally out of control, unfortunately this is all gonna come to an end sooner or later and people are going to be un-loading their new cars, boats and foreclose on their houses. 

Edited by dwc032
  • Like 3
14 minutes ago, dwc032 said:

Totally out of control, unfortunately this is all gonna come to an end sooner or later and people are going to be un-loading their new cars, boats and foreclose on their houses. 

I've thought the same thing, but haven't been able to identify what the triggering event will be.  Just curious as to what your though process/indicators were.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

I've thought the same thing, but haven't been able to identify what the triggering event will be.  Just curious as to what your though process/indicators were.

Lumber prices are falling but supply is still good. Thats what happen in the last recession was prices fell, but supply was still good. And I could tel you my other conspiracy theories, but don’t want to get into those…lol. I think we all know it’s coming. I am just glad I have a County job and my income will always go up and I will never loose my job. Unless I do something stupid..lol 

5 hours ago, Dsalyers said:

Yeah it has.  Just had a buddy sell a 2019 T22 with 165 hours for 98k!  Sold in 3 days.  Crazy indeed.

Not my pic, but this is a screenshot from the FB post.  Note to Mods, feel free to take down if this shouldn't be in here. 

As far as the dash, I'm a fan.  I think the field of view is a great improvement.  Love that they are Garmin too, as I've had multiple Garmin watches I've liked.  Note I think this has the "Sport Dash" option.

image.thumb.png.8520de27ecd643c931c105bac1ca627c.png

image.thumb.png.0ab040bbcdabf8b4564d107584f942e8.png

Thanks for posting the pics!  I like how the dash looks as well. I’m cautiously optimistic about the screen after hearing people comment positively about it being made by Garmin. 

• Like 1