Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsounds amp replacement


jwgrimes12

Recommended Posts

jwgrimes12

New member and I’m hoping this has all been asked and figured out before. 
 

I have a 2020 Malibu MXZ23 with the wetsounds system. I am replacing the wetsounds amps with JL audio. Are there adapters for the factory harness so that all the zones from the head unit work correctly? Or a specific way to wire it or specific amp set up?
 

Link to post

There's lots of threads on here on what your doing.  I did the same to my boat this May.  Remember, that even though you can buy the Exile adapters you will still have three plugs left.  If you cut those plugs it will void your warranty through Malibu. At least that's what Malibu told my dealer.  If you need any help shoot me a message.  

 

 

 

Link to post
Brandonloos21

I just did my whole system. I ordered the boat with no tower speakers for just this reason, I wanted a black box and the cabin speakers and all of the wiring for them ram, so I ordered it with the 23 lsv pack. I replaced the stock dsp amp with an sdx4, added 4 rev 10’s with an sdx2 powering them, a revo xxx12 on a syn dx2.3, and I’m awaiting a custom box for under the helm for my other revo xxx12 on another syn dx2.3. Exile makes a tower rca adapter, which plugs into the factory plug, and gives you RCA’s and a remote wire. They also have a cabin speaker plug, which gives you front, rear, and sub RCA’s, along with a remote wire. The one thing that is a pain in the a** is the fact that you have to make the speaker wire adapter plugs in order to keep the warranty. This is done with parts from digikey, and soldering 16ga wiring to pins. I believe it is a pinned post in the top of this forum. All in all, it wasn’t that horrible because I only had to make one for the cabin speakers. 

Link to post
jwgrimes12
On 6/25/2021 at 12:01 PM, dwc032 said:

There's lots of threads on here on what your doing.  I did the same to my boat this May.  Remember, that even though you can buy the Exile adapters you will still have three plugs left.  If you cut those plugs it will void your warranty through Malibu. At least that's what Malibu told my dealer.  If you need any help shoot me a message.  

 

 

 

Do you know what model the stock sub is on the 2020 MXZ23. Im trying to make sure the box is to spec and i can not find the info if it is the HP or free air. 

Link to post
jwgrimes12

no its not the REVO 12xxx. I have one of those and they are not even in the same league. It is either the FA or the HP. Im pretty certian it is the FA that they put in a box but not sure and the box dimensions for both are different. 

Link to post
3 hours ago, jwgrimes12 said:

no its not the REVO 12xxx. I have one of those and they are not even in the same league. It is either the FA or the HP. Im pretty certian it is the FA that they put in a box but not sure and the box dimensions for both are different. 

Ok, think it’s the HP.  Here it is, it is a good sub when put in a proper box and powered right. 

E9431385-721B-467A-A30E-575555CFD4EC.jpeg

8C1A41B9-F79A-408B-9D06-7AF990BDF34D.jpeg

411A487E-78B9-488F-93FD-C4F94CDD4485.jpeg

Link to post
jwgrimes12

My original one that came with the boat was blown so they replaced it. When I took the blown one out I noticed the extra holes in the box so I fixed those and resealed the box. The replaced sub sounds good I want to make sure the box is to spec. If you search the model number that comes up it shows free air but nothing confirms. I have called and emailed wetsounds multiple times with no return call or email. My Malibu dealer can not confirm either. There are both box specs and power differences between the two subs. 

I would really like solid confirmation. 

Link to post
jwgrimes12
On 7/4/2021 at 10:15 AM, dwc032 said:

Ok, think it’s the HP.  Here it is, it is a good sub when put in a proper box and powered right. 

E9431385-721B-467A-A30E-575555CFD4EC.jpeg

8C1A41B9-F79A-408B-9D06-7AF990BDF34D.jpeg

411A487E-78B9-488F-93FD-C4F94CDD4485.jpeg

Confirmed from Wet Sounds. The Malibu 12 is equivalent to the HP model. 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...