Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 M220 Starboard Tank not filling

When selecting surf presets, all tanks immediately fill but the starboard tank stays at 0%. Every few times it’ll randomly start working, but we’ve taken the pump off to check for weeds, you can hear the impeller spinning when the preset is selected, but the tanks will not fill. Anybody else?

4 hours ago, wfin said:

When selecting surf presets, all tanks immediately fill but the starboard tank stays at 0%. Every few times it’ll randomly start working, but we’ve taken the pump off to check for weeds, you can hear the impeller spinning when the preset is selected, but the tanks will not fill. Anybody else?

Kinked hose?

12 hours ago, Pilotguy said:

I had this problem on my ‘21 VLX a few times. I pushed down on the pump and it primed immediately and has been working fine since. 

When you say “pushed down” you’re saying you push the ballast pump farther down towards the bottom of the boat? If so, the M220 is like the M240 with their larger ballast pump set-ups so they’re facing front-back instead of up-down. 

11 hours ago, SurfNAZ said:

This may be a stupid question, but have you confirmed the ball valve is open?

Thankfully this was the first thing I checked :)

2 hours ago, wfin said:

When you say “pushed down” you’re saying you push the ballast pump farther down towards the bottom of the boat? If so, the M220 is like the M240 with their larger ballast pump set-ups so they’re facing front-back instead of up-down. 

Ah I didn’t know that. Yeah I pushed on the head of the pump towards the fitting. 

After running for a few minutes is there any water to drain if you select drain? It could be a faulty sensor