Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis T23 engine stalls when hitting bump

Hi, checking for ideas on where to start for trouble shooting 2019 T23 electrical issues.  Boat runs great, but stalls when hitting bump.   Assume it is in the kill switch but no luck there.  Other ideas?    thanks in advance our local dealer service is 4-6 weeks out and be sad to miss the best part of summer without a boat.  

43 minutes ago, AxisT23 said:

Hi, checking for ideas on where to start for trouble shooting 2019 T23 electrical issues.  Boat runs great, but stalls when hitting bump.   Assume it is in the kill switch but no luck there.  Other ideas?    thanks in advance our local dealer service is 4-6 weeks out and be sad to miss the best part of summer without a boat.  

Did you actually bypass the kill switch?

Hi Gary, no I have not bypassed the switch just inspected connection what is the best way to by pass the kill switch? Cut the switch off and tie wires together?  Wires are sodered to the switch.  Thanks for your suggestion.  

35 minutes ago, AxisT23 said:

Hi Gary, no I have not bypassed the switch just inspected connection what is the best way to by pass the kill switch? Cut the switch off and tie wires together?  Wires are sodered to the switch.  Thanks for your suggestion.  

No need to cut the wires, just jumper them together.  Clip leads are great for that, or you could just wrap wire around each terminal.  

Another thought is that it could be your key switch, but I have no idea these days what boats even have key switches.  If you have one, check to make sure the connections are clean and tight.  If that doesn't fix it, suspect the key switch anyway since that is a possibility, particularly if you have a heavy key fob that swings around.

13 hours ago, Leftlane said:

Are the connections to your battery tightened all the way and is your battery secured?

Thank you yes, i checked the battery connections and both are tight, and secure.  I found a loose wire on ignition switch last night and tightened it down, so plan to test out boat tonight after work to see if that resolves the issues.  This community is wonderful, and much appreciated.   My local dealer is swamped and quoting 1-2 months for service, which is frustrating in the middle of summer.    

@AxisT23"My local dealer is swamped and quoting 1-2 months for service, which is frustrating in the middle of summer"   

Especially when it is warranty work! My boat needed an Alternator and coil pack under warranty. Took 2 weeks for them to get it in then they didn't look at it for a couple days after that. Now waiting on a coil pack they ordered. I am leaving on a boating vacation in a day and half from now. Mine was probably a 2 or 3 hour job at the most if they would have ordered the parts when I called and gave them the Service code, or got to it the day of my appointment. And everyone on here says how important it is to have a good relationship with your dealer. They don't seem to care about it from their end!

Edited by dalt1
1 hour ago, dalt1 said:

@AxisT23"My local dealer is swamped and quoting 1-2 months for service, which is frustrating in the middle of summer"   

Especially when it is warranty work! My boat needed an Alternator and coil pack under warranty. Took 2 weeks for them to get it in then they didn't look at it for a couple days after that. Now waiting on a coil pack they ordered. I am leaving on a boating vacation in a day and half from now. Mine was probably a 2 or 3 hour job at the most if they would have ordered the parts when I called and gave them the Service code, or got to it the day of my appointment. And everyone on here says how important it is to have a good relationship with your dealer. They don't seem to care about it from their end!

Very frustrating when you spend that kind of money on a boat, and they can't service the warranty work in a reasonable timeframe,  before my next six figure purchase  into a boat I will spend more time researching the companies capability to locally service the boat.    My research and visit to local dealer said Malibu/Axis had the bandwidth to service their boats, but that is not true, will definitely influence my recommendations and also future purchases.    These new boats are complicated and need certified techs to work one them, very  clear Malibu/Axis has not kept up the service support that goes with building boats.