Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Board storage under boat lift canopy

birsling79

Does anyone that has a boat lift with a canopy have some sort of board storage under the canopy?  I have to fold in my racks to come in to my lift, and I would love to not have to store the boards inside the boat.  Does anyone have a rack or storage option that hangs from the underside of their canopy frame?  I'd love some ideas or pics!  Thanks in advance

MalibuNation

I live in a rural poor county and there's no way I'd leave valuables unlocked.  With that said a Google search like thus gives you products and pics:

Storage under boat canopy

3 hours ago, MalibuNation said:

I live in a rural poor county and there's no way I'd leave valuables unlocked.

I agree.  Maybe store things in a small dock shed with a lockable door, or maybe a horizontal dock box that doubles as a bench seat.  I haven't lived on the water in a very long time, but back then people would steal everything they wanted, including propellers.

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, LSV05 said:

looks like a nice place for birds to nest.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Hemmy said:

looks like a nice place for birds to nest.

Possibly.  Buddy a few houses down has one and doesn’t have nesting issues.  I can throw up one of those dummy owls if I have to.  Several people on the lake seem to use those here. 

• 2 months later...

We install aluminum crossmembers to canopy and store wake boards and skis...  Also have storage nets (as on web above)  in other side for maximum storage

spacer.png