Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

06 Malibu vlx power wedge won’t move.

Okay found the fuse it’s still good. I just noticed this boat has only on  actuator. How do I tell if the actuator is bad? 

Edited by Mahanwake

I'm pretty sure the 2006 power wedge should have 2 lenco actuators, but even if one goes bad they are normally replaced in pairs.

They can be removed from the wedge bracket, disconnected from the harness, and tested individually using a fused jumper wire to power and a ground wire at the actuator connector.  

Edited by csleaver
On 6/20/2021 at 2:00 PM, csleaver said:

I'm pretty sure the 2006 power wedge should have 2 lenco actuators, but even if one goes bad they are normally replaced in pairs.

They can be removed from the wedge bracket, disconnected from the harness, and tested individually using a fused jumper wire to power and a ground wire at the actuator connector.  

Your 2006 power wedge should have two actuators unless someone replaced it with a power wedge 2 or 3 which use 1 actuator. Can you post some photos? 

There is a 30A fuse in the wiring harness leading to the box labeled "lenco" under the dash. It's got a black cover on it and it's hard to find without a flash light and digging in the wire harness. 

Troubleshooting

If the fuse is popped: replace the fuse and try to cycle the system. If the fuse pops over and over then the actuators are likely dead. You can buy new ones for about $450

https://www.bakesonline.com/power-wedge-actuator-5-lobe-malibu-boats-2006-2014.html

If you only have 1 actuator the system will bind and pop the fuse. You should replace both so they are of the same age/style/speed. 

If you replace the actuators and the system still doesn't work then the control box is dead. 

You either need a new control box https://www.malibuparts.com/products/power-wedge-control-box-5-pole-non-mux

Or if you check my post history I just finished making the first few of an aftermarket alternative wedge control box. 

I've become very familiar with the power wedge 1 system and the wiring so if you have questions reply or DM me. 

• 11 months later...

I have an 06 vlx and yesterday the wedge went about 1/3 the down then stopped....I can't get it to move at all nor does it make any noise like it's trying. I bought the boat last year and they replaced the module so not sure where to go from here