Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Wakesetter 2004 23lsv

scooter44

Good looking boat but every day it seems I'm more amazed at prices on the used market. Luckily you have one to sell so hopefully you'll get the same mark-up this person is getting. I've bought/sold my last 2 Malibu's used and always keep an eye on the market and this was a mid/upper 30's boat all day just a couple years ago. I sold a 2007 VLX in 2014 with less hours for $42k for reference. Paid $52k for a 2011 LSV with 300 hours in 2018 before the market got hot. I know none of this is helpful in your situation and I'm sure you're aware of the inflated market so I guess my advice is if you buy, shoot for the moon when you sell your 2001 sportster!

Looks like a good boat.  Keep in mind this is the part of the summer that sellers would expect the biggest payout (pre4th of July weekend is very hot for boat sales).  Throw in an extra covid inflationary fee and this boat is probably priced ok.  When I bought my boat 3 summers ago I can remember pushing really hard to find a boat the week before the 4th.  I would have gladly paid $5k more to have gotten a boat that early in the summer.  As it ended up I got my boat for a pretty good deal at the time closer to August.  

Make sure it has records.  How many owners has it had?  Since you already have a boat I would wait until after the 4th to get aggressive looking.  Really more like August.  I believe you can find a better boat for lower price at that time.  I upgraded from my 2002(sold in July) to my 2011(bought September) and it worked out great.  Most new owners do not want to carry a boat through winter.  Keep looking and this one might still be available.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...