Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge position on Malibu 2013 - improvements?

rogermulligan

Hi all, I just purchased a 2013 VLX and have found the screen for the power wedge position to be difficult at best to read.... the display diagram moves a wedge picture up and down (however it is very difficult to see in the real world),  there is no numeric indication or any sort that you could remember -especially if you want to go into presets and enter a percentage number.  Maybe I am missing something???  it would be nice when you are taking someone surfing or foiling, etc.  to be able to adjust the wedge on the fly and see the actual setting not just a picture, so that it is easy to return to in the future or for programming purposes (yes, I know that you can save the current setting to a preset),  sometimes you just want to play with the settings and know what they are set at.  Any suggestions out there?  I even thought that maybe lenco would have a bank of LED indicators that I could wire in to show the position of the wedge,  unfortunately their indicator with a set of led lights in a bar graph arrangement only comes in an expensive module with switches and other electronics.

You can push “gauges” button 2x.  That will get you to a screen with analog gauges which shows the wedge position much more clear than the other screens.  You have half the range with 3-4 “notches” for setting it correctly everytime, then the other half of the gauge shows the “do not operate” range as it goes up to the stowed position.  I usually put it all the way down, go to the cruise control screen and take off, then push gauges screen 2x and begin adjusting the wedge with that analog gauge.  Usually the wedge goes back to all the way down when you release the throttle but I usually manually force it down before the next start. 

My wedge has slots on the actuator mounting bracket so the position can be mechanically adjusted.  Is there a way to know the best position for the wedge when its all the way down as a reference? Angle? Or some other reference point?  Seems like this is the starting point.

Thanks I will look at that analog screen More closely - was really hoping for a number or percentage - the preset screen has percentage- I guess I thought in operation it would do the same. The subtle differences in the icons are hard to see on a bright day while bouncing around - I guess the software developers never saw the end result of their choices on the water LOL thx for the feedback! 

From the analog screen, the wedge notches are referred to as “clicks” in TMC forums and from Malibu owners I run into in public.  1 click would be when the wedge is fully down, add a click for each notch you adjust it to.  It displays the wedge position in relation to the notches so you don’t know where 1/2 way is between the notches.  Even my nautique owning buddy knows the Malibu click nomenclature when he surfs on my boat.  I could be wrong though I’m not an expert.  Just saying it’s easily repeatedable from that analog gauge special screen.