Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 VLX ballast pump location

isellacuras

Need to replace my drain pump. Is the drain pump in the back corner?  There’s a pump under the cover, just want to make sure it’s the right one before pulling it apart. Looks to be a biotch to get to with just the little inspection cover. Hopefully I don’t have to pull up the floor. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Niver39 said:

I replaced mine just trough the inspection area.

In the back of the rear locker? I see a pump in there. Just want to make sure that’s the drain pump. 

Edited by isellacuras
1 hour ago, isellacuras said:

In the back of the rear locker? I see a pump in there. Just want to make sure that’s the drain pump. 

Yes, that should be the one for a rear ballast tank. Yes its annoying to work in that little space, but once you have done it one time, its not bad.

• 2 weeks later...

How does one get to the rear ballast pump - the discharge one -in a 2005 VLX?  I can not seem to locate it.  Do I have to remove floor or storage panels?  pump stopped working.