Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge door dims

YeloBlammo

My boat was missing the wedge door when we purchased it.

Hasn't been an issue since its actually been easier not to have to open and close it accessing the wedge.

We have little ones that now venture onto the swim deck and it's now more of a hazard.

I know I could buy one through the dealer but I haven't even called to get a cost.

I thought of making it out of Lexan as it could also be used for them to view underwater form the deck.

I need to order a Southco (or similar) latch, hinge, and lexan.

Questions:

How thick is the wedge door? I measured the depth of the cutout but it doesn't seem to be a standard thickness. Something makes me think the door is slightly shorter than the deck height.

What diameter is the latch? There's a few different diameters available.

What length of the hinge arms? Plenty (piano hinges) to choose from at MCmaster Carr but I don't know the length of the hinge leafs, thickness, pin dia etc.

There are so few pictures of the wedge door online. I have a pretty good idea of what I need but would be more confident with some more info.

5 mins looking at someone swim deck and a pair of calipers I would have all the info I would need.

Can anyone help? Pics? Dims?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, YeloBlammo said:

My boat was missing the wedge door when we purchased it.

Hasn't been an issue since its actually been easier not to have to open and close it accessing the wedge.

We have little ones that now venture onto the swim deck and it's now more of a hazard.

I know I could buy one through the dealer but I haven't even called to get a cost.

I thought of making it out of Lexan as it could also be used for them to view underwater form the deck.

I need to order a Southco (or similar) latch, hinge, and lexan.

Questions:

How thick is the wedge door? I measured the depth of the cutout but it doesn't seem to be a standard thickness. Something makes me think the door is slightly shorter than the deck height.

What diameter is the latch? There's a few different diameters available.

What length of the hinge arms? Plenty (piano hinges) to choose from at MCmaster Carr but I don't know the length of the hinge leafs, thickness, pin dia etc.

There are so few pictures of the wedge door online. I have a pretty good idea of what I need but would be more confident with some more info.

5 mins looking at someone swim deck and a pair of calipers I would have all the info I would need.

Can anyone help? Pics? Dims?

Thanks!

I can get you the measurements and pics later today or tomorrow 

BozBoat was very nice to send me a ton of detailed measurements only to find out I have a fiberglass swim deck.

Anyone have details on a fiberglass deck wedge door?

Thank you

2 hours ago, YeloBlammo said:

BozBoat was very nice to send me a ton of detailed measurements only to find out I have a fiberglass swim deck.

Anyone have details on a fiberglass deck wedge door?

Thank you

I'm a little confused why you can't just measure the hole you have and make something that fits.  Perhaps posting a photo of your platform might get more interest as well.