Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear PNP bags not draining, Malibu Launch System

Corey375

I have 800lb bags over my rear hard tanks in my 2007 VLX with the MLS. When filling the ballast the boat fills the bags, not sure if this is normal but I have to let air out of the bags as it fills and it also pushes some water out of the drain holes while filling them. But upon draining my bow and center tank drain fine. The rear ballast reads empty but if I check the bags they usually are left half full, I can hear the pumps running and if I fill the tanks again to switch back to drain it'll only drain the water I just put in.... I'm confused as to what it can be, last week one bag drained 100% while the other had a little left. Saturday both bags were left about 1/3 full.

5 hours ago, Corey375 said:

I have 800lb bags over my rear hard tanks in my 2007 VLX with the MLS. When filling the ballast the boat fills the bags, not sure if this is normal but I have to let air out of the bags as it fills and it also pushes some water out of the drain holes while filling them. But upon draining my bow and center tank drain fine. The rear ballast reads empty but if I check the bags they usually are left half full, I can hear the pumps running and if I fill the tanks again to switch back to drain it'll only drain the water I just put in.... I'm confused as to what it can be, last week one bag drained 100% while the other had a little left. Saturday both bags were left about 1/3 full.

sounds like a short and kinked drain hose 

6 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

sounds like a short and kinked drain hose 

so that would allow it to drain a bit then kink? ill have to look at the hoses off the bags. I know they hooked up the hoses towards the bow which makes me feel like they should be in the back of the bags.

3 hours ago, Corey375 said:

so that would allow it to drain a bit then kink? ill have to look at the hoses off the bags. I know they hooked up the hoses towards the bow which makes me feel like they should be in the back of the bags.

its in rear of locker under bag

it kinks when filling, then prevents fast or complete draining, remember you said it drained fully one side onetime , so its possible.  usually they cause slow draining snd the quick connect can easily come off draining sac to boat snd bilge ,  do you hear your pumps running?  they make distinctly different noises when primed or not primed,  if you get the lesser non primed sound you are not getting water to pump

Edited by granddaddy55
7 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

its in rear of locker under bag

it kinks when filling, then prevents fast or complete draining, remember you said it drained fully one side onetime , so its possible.  usually they cause slow draining snd the quick connect can easily come off draining sac to boat snd bilge ,  do you hear your pumps running?  they make distinctly different noises when primed or not primed,  if you get the lesser non primed sound you are not getting water to pump

Thanks, i'll have to put the boat in this week and mess with it. Hopefully that's all it is.