Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2003 Sunsetter LXi gauge issues

New to me 2003 Sunsetter LXi has a speedo stuck on 50, a perfect pass combo tach that does not have a working analog tach, and a multi gauge where the oil pressure sometimes starts at 20 psi…I do not have pitots and would love to not have to upgrade to stargazer or the trd conversion. Anybody have any suggestions? I have disconnected the battery and tried cleaning the connections on the MMDC but it hasn’t helped.

Also when coming out of the hole there is a slight delay almost like there is a vacuum leak. Any idea what may be causing this. (Have a 335 monsoon)

Thanks!

Is the needle physically stuck at 50? Otherwise have a look at your paddlewheel.

Yes, with Perfect Pass added to the Sunsetter, it made sense to replace the RPM gage, because the speed gauge has the LCD display. (shows time, depth, air temp etc)

Do you have the latest full screen gauge from PP? That new gauge should show the RPM's digitally.

As for the hole shot, sounds like a fuel issue. Have you checked the inline fuel filter in the rear storage locker?

No I haven’t checked the fuel filter. I’ll check it. It seems to have plenty of power through the rev range but on take off it bogs down and feels like it hesitates the slightest bit.

The speedo just stays at 50. I cannot tell if it is a broken gauge servo or the MMDC. When I turn the key I cannot hear it trying to work. The needle doesn’t move at all. I don’t know about a full screen perfect pass but I did just figure out I can set it off RPM and hopefully it will now show the RPM on the PP. When the PP was set on speed it didn’t work.

Plus the PP is finicky. Some times the all of the one line gauge works. At others it sections of the display are not working.

Overall this boat was a little neglected and I would love to bring it back to its former glory. The ski wake is amazing and the boat rides surprisingly well in rougher water. Thanks for the advice stonelx!