Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Beeping sound coming from Iunder dash

Does any one know the cause of a beeping sound coming from under the dash when engine running. The boat is a 2003 Response LXi. This just started on the first run of the season last night. The temp ,oil pressure and oil level are normal. This seams to start when I turned the perfect pass.

11 hours ago, Waterskiguy said:

Does any one know the cause of a beeping sound coming from under the dash when engine running. The boat is a 2003 Response LXi. This just started on the first run of the season last night. The temp ,oil pressure and oil level are normal. This seams to start when I turned the perfect pass.

Probably the oil sender. It’s separate from what feeds the oil gauge. It’s really common.

my thread from forever ago

Edited by braindamage
23 hours ago, Waterskiguy said:

This seams to start when I turned the perfect pass.

When you turn it on, or when you use it, e.g. doing your first pull?  If it happens when you first go over 2500 rpm with high throttle then I'd look at the knock sensor.  Check the wire going to it, as it might just be disconnected.

Does it seem to be beeping a code? Like 3 beeps follow by 2, then repeat it. Or is it steady pattern.

Edited by electricjohn

No it is a constant frequency. I checked the oil pressure sensor at the filter it measured 242 ohms . I think it is supposed to be 240 ohms which should be close enough. Next I will look for the other sensor that feeds the ecm and disconnect it to see if it stops it.

I just had same thing in mine happen. I changed the oil pressure switch and oil pressure sensor and still beeped. Take to local mechanic and it is the depth module that is sending false code. He disconnected the alarm wire for depth finder, but still shows my digital depths on speedo. You may want to look at that.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys thanks for the help on the beeping sound. It turned out to be the oil pressure sender , the small one beside the oil pressure gauge ( shaped like a spark plug)  I tested it with the wire off which stopped it. Replaced it with one from a Mercury V8 which worked fine.