Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transom material

I have a 1993 Malibu sportster. I’m going to have to replace the rear part of the stringers behind the engine soon because they have rotted halfway. I was wondering if the transom on these boats are wood also. Also wondering what the best materials would be to go with when replacing the stringers and possibly the transom.

martinarcher

I'm not sure 100% on the sporty but my 87 and 88 Bu's had wooden stringers and transoms.  My Sunsetter has been fully restored and has new wood stringers and also has a new wood transom.  All of course fully fiber glassed over when installed.  The transom was beefed up when the resto was done to be 2" thick to handle a custom floating wedge.