Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacing Steering Wheel on 01 Sunscape

Hopefully someone has the info.. 

I bought the steering wheel from a 2013 Wakesetter, Isotta Single Spoke. First question is how does this install, everything seems to attach from the back so I'm a little baffled on how it assembles once on the hub. Second is I was trying to see if anyone know the hub I'd need to get to make this work on my boat. If not I was thinking about drilling my own holes in the plate on this steering wheel so it matches up with my wheel hub and use the same hardware. The screws that is comes with a smaller then the screws attaching my existing wheel.

IMG_7776.thumb.JPG.6f2f17f57c9738ea8522917909a15c03.JPGs-l1600.thumb.jpg.f0649e568500368bd3a65010e4497d72.jpg

formulaben

Pop off the Malibu logo cap on your old steering wheel, then remove the nut and then remove the adapter...be careful not to lose the key, shaped like a half moon.  The steering wheel will be attached to the adapter via those 6 hex bolts.  Hopefully the bolt pattern is a match and you can use the old screws.

16 minutes ago, formulaben said:

Pop off the Malibu logo cap on your old steering wheel, then remove the nut and then remove the adapter...be careful not to lose the key, shaped like a half moon.  The steering wheel will be attached to the adapter via those 6 hex bolts.  Hopefully the bolt pattern is a match and you can use the old screws.

removing the old wheel isn't the problem. Its attaching the new wheels center cap/cover as it attaches with an Allen bolt from behind. The holes on the new wheel are smaller than the old wheel so If I want to reuse the same hub I need to make the holes bigger on the new wheel. Biggest issue is once the wheel is mounted, how do I attach the new center cap/cover?it has a notch in the bottom of it that goes over the single spoke so I can't just spin it on to tighten it to the inside screw. sorry doesn't make alot of sense, I may need to take a few more photos. 

here's the back of the wheel.. see the center Allen bolt, that threads to attach into the front wheel cap/cover.. so not sure the order or process once you bolt the wheel in to attach that. 

THIS IS THE BACK OF THE WHEEL

s-l1600-2.thumb.jpg.6ea25dd78891ba27b0ea9ae4a8e2dd40.jpg

You don't do anything with that center Allen bolt.  The center cap is only held in place by the o-ring on the cap.  That allen bolt just holds a couple pieces of the cap itself together.  Your bigger issue is you need the correct adapter for the steering wheel.  Do not drill the holes in the wheel bigger to make it fit.

My .02, those single spoke wheels are terrible, I removed the one on my 2012 a week or 2 after I bought it.

Edited by oldjeep