Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Number 30 Malibu

Redbirddog

I was wondering something that I just can't get a feel for.   This is as I spend mechanic and good money on maintenance items to keep a Classic Malibu in excellent condition.  I am the second owner (19 years now) and bought this boat from a friend then.  He ordered it new in 1982 from the Malibu factory in Merced.  It is a 1983 model 22' day cruiser. So I am the second owner.  Never in an accident or had any problems.

It is the 30th Malibu built (serial number: MB200030M83A).  

I had never been a been a boat guy, but we live in the SF delta area, and have enjoyed it over the years cruise the hundreds of miles of water ways since 2002.

Always been more of a classic car guy, so don't know if certain classic boat line will increase in value over the years and if being #30 makes much difference.

On a scale of 1 to 10 it is a positive 8

Now has 774 hours on it.

The original owner ordered it with the best engine at the time (5.7  260hp) Merc I/O and blue on gray paint scheme inside and out.  

It cruises at 55 mph all day and rides like a dream at speed.

Not sure I have figured out how to post a picture in this group.

Thoughts appreciated?   Will it go up or down with age if maintained and kept in this condition?

Thanks,

Rod 

My .02 - I'm not sure too many people would care, especially since it is an I/O.  If it only has 774 hours in 19 years, someone needs to start using that poor boat ;)

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

My .02 - I'm not sure too many people would care, especially since it is an I/O.  If it only has 774 hours in 19 years, someone needs to start using that poor boat ;)

That is exactly what I wanted to know.  I will get back out into the Delta and not worry about the dings and dents that come out in the Delta.  Grand kids are just turning the right age.  Thanks.  Now that I have my Jeep Gladiator, more lakes are available then my older Jeep Liberty could handle once we get through the current dry spell.    Thanks!