Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G5 Tower - side pull hooks

HaveLake

Loving our new 24MXZ, but curious whether anyone had opted for the optional side tow hooks on the new G5 tower?

We have a lot of young nieces and nephews who would love to get into surfing and I am curious how much easier these can make their learning experience or ability to get up?

Would love to see pictures of what they look like on the tower if anyone has pictures too.

It’s not the best picture. I’ll get one the next time I’m on the boat. We really use the side hook a lot for kids. With that and stern turn it makes it really easy to line up and get them started without being in the prop wash

A6D8DEDC-295C-4383-8FC1-C8616E688920.png

• Like 2
3 hours ago, SoonerLSV said:

It’s not the best picture. I’ll get one the next time I’m on the boat. We really use the side hook a lot for kids. With that and stern turn it makes it really easy to line up and get them started without being in the prop wash

A6D8DEDC-295C-4383-8FC1-C8616E688920.png

That’s pretty sweet. I didn’t even know those were a thing and I’ll bet that’s way easier to teach beginners.

Just realized that takes the place of a board rack. May have to rig up our own assembly 

Edited by BarliBear

Thanks for the picture SoonerLSV.

That's exactly what I was looking for.  Did you order yours with that or purchase after the fact?

5 minutes ago, HaveLake said:

Thanks for the picture SoonerLSV.

That's exactly what I was looking for.  Did you order yours with that or purchase after the fact?

You are welcome and we ordered it with it.  

I have them on our tower. Really like them for getting the less experienced riders up, but the rope does tend to get caught in the rack more often then it did on my G3.5 with the Uptice option. 
Uptice is offering side pull points that are incorporated into there flag holder as well for the G5 now as well.

Those Uptice versions may kill two birds with one stone!

I was considering a flag mount or two from Tower Flags, but these look even better!

Appreciate the information...

Have the G5 tower flag mount and the side pull mounts from Uptice.  Quality products and excellent customer service!  Highly recommended.

• Like 2
  • 11 months later...
On 6/17/2021 at 2:36 PM, CharlieEcho said:

Have the G5 tower flag mount and the side pull mounts from Uptice.  Quality products and excellent customer service!  Highly recommended.

On 6/17/2021 at 2:36 PM, CharlieEcho said:

CharlieEcho - How did you mount both? Did uptice give you longer bolts to go through the tow hooks, flag mount, and tower?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delayed response- Yes, they included all the proper hardware to mount cleanly to the tower.  Excellent customer service and we are really pleased with this setup.