Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf gate/power wedge sync

I have a 2013 vlx 21 Wakesetter and I had to replace the bottom right lcd unit. I can control everything through this unit that I am supposed to be able to like start stop blower bilge but I cannot control the surf gate and power wedge. How do I sync the gates and the wedge?

Touch the SWITCH tab on the left of the MTC (Malibu Touch Control screen).  Touch SETUP in the center of the screen, use the up dn arrows to highlight Setup Surf Gate and touch ENTER to select it.

Press the SETUP button on the right of the upper Malivue screen, use the arrow buttons to scroll down and highlight Surf Gate Enable, press the ON/OFF ENTER button to checkmark the Surf Gate Enable box.

Press the SETUP button again, use the arrow buttons to highlight Surf Gate Calibration, press the ON/OFF ENTER button to begin the surf gate calibration and you should hear the actuators run (even if they don't actually move).  Verify the gates are retracted and then press ON/OFF ENTER.

There is also a Wedge Enable option in the Malivue setup screen. 

If the gates and wedge still do not work, use the Reset Factory Settings on the Malibu and MTC screens, then start over.

Turn off the dash power button for the changes to take effect.