Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Repeated random service (maintenance) alerts 2018 23 lsv

I keep getting a service required warning, but it is for a regular hourly maintenance. Sometimes the 300 hours, then 5 minutes later the 50 hour, then 5 more minutes its the 100 hour. I go into the service  section and press the red square and turn it green but then get another alarm. The last time I went out I received no alerts, but then this Saturday after about an hour out on the water they started and kept doing it. Super annoying.

I have a copy of the latest software update that I've been afraid to install for fear that something even worse will happen. Anyone ever install a software update? I'm hoping that it might solve this problem but don't really think it will.

A red banner SERVICE REQUIRED pop up is different than the yellow banner MAINTENANCE REQUIRED pop up.  You can use the settings menu on the 7 inch screen and select SERVICE to turn off any past maintenance reminders.  Any of the tab icons at the top of the screen that are red can be turned to the green SERVICE DONE position by just touching the icon.

You can see if there are any diagnostic trouble codes that would cause a service required alarm by selecting ALARMS in the settings menu, then touch the ACTIVE and INACTIVE tabs at the top of the screen.  Each DTC on the screen is identified by a SPN and FMI number.

These are definitely the maintenance alerts for the 50, 100, 200, and 300 hour services. I turn them off, but they come back on, repeatedly. There are no codes in the diagnostic section. Just seems like electrical gremlins that I now see Malibu's are plagued with.

• 2 weeks later...

I launched my 2018 VTX last Sunday and the engine temp went to 200 after around 10 minutes. I immediately shut it down & found the fresh water valve to the heat exchanger was closed. Started it back up and temp was 160-170I now have the service alarm going off every minute or so. How do you turn that warning off

• 2 weeks later...

So I got a copy of the software update and did the update, and so far after three trips out I have not had anymore random service alerts.