Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Malibu Response TXI, reverse works but not forward

I have a 2017 Malibu Response TXI, starts and runs great.  Was out skiing the other day, all is good, suddenly it will only go in reverse, not forward.  Hadn't hit anything or felt anything unusual, simply slowed down, took it out of gear, and when put it back into forward nothing.  Pulled the hatch over the transmission and drive shaft and checked below, all is good.  Put it in reverse, the trani engages and shaft spins.  Put it in forward, nothing happens at trani, engine only revs faster as the throttle is pushed forward.  Tried pulling and reconnecting the electrical plugs on the trani, no dice.  Noticed that when I push the neutral engage button on the shifter the blue light (indicating neutral) doesn't go on -- when I try this for reverse it doesn't stay in neutral, trani engages;  when I do it for forward, no light and trani does not engage.  Is something wrong with the shifter, elsewhere?  Thanks !!!!!

Are you good with a multimeter? I'd check voltages on the shift solenoid wires. Believe there should be separate solenoids for forward and reverse. Test reverse first for reference. If voltage is same then solenoid bad. If not then probably throttle. 

Ya I'm good with a multi-meter.  I'm not in the boat not, but I'm pretty sure there are two, 2-pin connections on the trani, are those these solenoid wires?  Not even sure where the solenoids are, are the "built into" the trani or remote from it.  Thanks