Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Belt replace on Wakesetter LSV23 2014 Indmar Monsoon 5.7 liter

going to replace the one belt that goes around the pulleys on my boat - really squeaking and hasn't been changed in at least a year or more. any tips on how to do this the easiest?

10 hours ago, Lsv23malibu said:

going to replace the one belt that goes around the pulleys on my boat - really squeaking and hasn't been changed in at least a year or more. any tips on how to do this the easiest?

I assume you have a serpentine belt.  They generally don't squeak, but the bearings on the idler pulley might.  Use a wrench to flex the idler spring and remove the belt with your other hand.  Check all rotating pulleys (alternator, etc.) for gritty feel or squeaky sound by rotating them by hand.  Replace belt by putting it on all stationary pulleys and then the idler last as you flex the spring with the wrench again.  Inspect your installation to make sure you didn't get it offset by a groove anywhere.