Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 lsv 23 upholstery turning purple/reddish brown!!??

Hey guys just curious been flipping through forums just on google/ here, so hopefully posted in right forum.  Anyways boat has been in the shop for 4 months getting new bellhousing, dampener plate, and flywheel.  The back hatch/ surrounding upholstery has turned an awful purpleish colour and curious on anyone’s experience with this.  I’ve read it’s from my black Malibu cover, or temp being to high?  Anything a guy could do to remove it or am I hosed?  Interior by no means is perfect as it’s old boat, but would love any feed back, cheers!! Will add pics later😫😫

Awesome news thanks man kinda what I heard, man this forum is so awesome for quick reply’s and killer Malibu knowledge, thanks!!

If it's original upholstery, I'm assuming there are seams coming undone, as well as other "blemishes".  On my 06, i've slowly been replacing them with Skins from Gabe.  He's reasonable, and does VERY good work.  This is his busy season though.  I have been ordering a few skins each winter, and am almost done.

https://gabescustommarine.com/

It's as easy as sending him your Hull ID and letting him know what you want.  He can match the current scheme or start something new.

Oh awesome thanks for the info guys! Got some info so forsure won’t be happening after it’s fixed lol, oh well live and learn, just happy to have out of the shop after so long!! Cheers fellas!