Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Searching for rear grab bar for 1995 Malibu Tantrum

barefootrocker

Hey guys, looking for some help on my 1995 Tantrum. Currently on the transom I just have the standard round tow eye. I'm looking to replace it with, or add to it, a full longer grab bar. Not sure what to call it, tow bar, rail, grab bar, etc, so I haven't had much luck finding one. I found a variety of 'MALIBU BOAT GRAB RAIL' on Great Lakes Skipper like the ones seen on the later wake boats. This could work but it's a bit overkill. I've seen earlier Responses with a round polished bar with the tow eye built in. This is likely what would work best, but the boat is highly customized so something off the wall isn't out of the question. Thanks in advance!

Most of this type of hardware isn't Malibu specific.  Search stainless grab bar marine, and take your pick of what works best.

With the holes of the existing tow eye there, i'd opt for a separate handle to avoid filling holes.  Good large washer or backing plate on the back will be more than enough for a grab handle.

Good luck.

https://www.nautiqueparts.com/product/transom-ski-tow-grab-rail/

https://www.google.com/search?q=ski+tow+grab+rail&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiK18Wg8v7wAhV4JDQIHZHZCYgQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=ski+tow+grab+rail&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzoECCMQJzoECAAQQzoCCAA6BAgAEAM6BQgAELEDOggIABCxAxCDAToHCAAQsQMQQzoGCAAQCBAeUOeJAlizlwJg-5gCaABwAHgAgAFmiAHjCJIBBDE2LjGYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ&sclient=img&ei=GZe6YMpm-MjQ8Q-Rs6fACA&bih=1306&biw=2147&rlz=1C5GCEM_enUS910US910

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah after looking at it it's probably not worth going with a one piece assembly and working with or plugging/covering the holes from the existing eye. I will add a handle in addition to the eye. Now the question is whether I have the access I need to install it without moving the fuel tank, because I'm not sure this project would be worth that. Also, does Marine Hardware sell directly?

13 hours ago, barefootrocker said:

Yeah after looking at it it's probably not worth going with a one piece assembly and working with or plugging/covering the holes from the existing eye. I will add a handle in addition to the eye. Now the question is whether I have the access I need to install it without moving the fuel tank, because I'm not sure this project would be worth that. Also, does Marine Hardware sell directly?

Yes, I bought some hinges directly from marine hardware a few years ago