Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for a clamp bracket for ski pylon to hold small table

hmh800

Hi guys- I’ve been thinking of building a small table for my 01 sslxi that would clamp on the ski pylon.  There’s really no other flat level surface in the boat to set anything on.  Does anyone know of a clamp that would accommodate the taper in the pylon that I could use to attach a table to?  I’m thinking of something like 24x30 with fiddles around it to keep stuff from sliding off.

1 hour ago, hmh800 said:

Hi guys- I’ve been thinking of building a small table for my 01 sslxi that would clamp on the ski pylon.  There’s really no other flat level surface in the boat to set anything on.  Does anyone know of a clamp that would accommodate the taper in the pylon that I could use to attach a table to?  I’m thinking of something like 24x30 with fiddles around it to keep stuff from sliding off.

Can you post a sketch of what you are thinking about?  I understand the clamp on the pylon, but where would the table go?  Over the engine hood?  Do you want the pylon to still be available for towing?

Yeah I’m thinking of a table over the engine.  Not to be used while towing.  As much as usually avoid food on the boat it would be nice to have a flat spot.  I’m thinking of a quick release aluminum clamp that would attach to the pylon below the tow point and have a couple of arms coming off where I could screw a small table top to it.  Probably redwood, because I have some beautiful pieces and it’s light.

The table could also be swiveled over to be nearer the observers seat if it’s just clamped to the pylon, for eating or prepping.

That’s nice!  I’m looking to do something further up the pylon, which means I need to clamp to the tapered section.