Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Serpentine belt Ford raptor help

My serpentine belt blew on my 575 Ford raptor today.  Is it hard to replace?  Not sure when my dealer can get to it

Thanks!

I have never seen a serpentine belt that was hard to change.  Get it routed around the stationary pulleys, then use a wrench to load the belt onto the spring idler pulley.  Go back and inspect the whole thing to make sure the belt is in the grooves correctly on every pulley. 

IT is somewhat harder to do on a boat because it is hard to get to.

There is a special tool that really helped.  Sold at the standard auto parts store

Thanks.  Went and looked at it this morning.  Also looks like the idler pulley failed.  But if I can get the part at my dealer or Napa it looks very doable

• 2 weeks later...

The same thing happened to me but the dealer has tried to fix it 4 times now and the belt keeps coming off. Anyone else have this issue.