Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Existing lift help

TanklessPro

All,

I recently purchase a 99 RLX and love the boat but need to get my life setup. It is currently setup for a pontoon which I need to leave since I’m renting. I plan on using the setup for the 99 when I get my house built. 
Will a setup like this work? Or so I need to build it like the trailer? Any help is appreciated 

http://boatlifts4less.com/boathoistusa/images/700153-700170_med.jpg

The only issue I see it I would have to extend up 16-18” to get clearance for the prop and rudder. My cables are 10’ apart. Will that be an issue?

You will be fine.  Here is my setup and all of the inboards in our boathouse have the same setup.  I believe my boards are 2x12x12’. You just need to ensure when the boat is lifted the tracking fins are behind the front steel beam, and the rudder and prop are behind the rear steel beam.  You can do this by lining the front cable with somewhere on the windshield when lifting.  Here are the best pictures I could find.

E1A02B84-7974-4343-8E0E-087E3302C1EF.jpeg

A0597B7C-4C29-43D1-9083-276CC87C9519.jpeg

E7BD8C0A-16EA-4BA5-B8DB-D5A32A5A38DE.jpeg

I can’t move my cables. How far apart are yours from bow to stern?

it seems to me most of the weight would be on the stern I beam  

Edited by TanklessPro

Mine are about 9.5 feet apart and my boards are 12ft long.  You won’t have an issue with weight distribution especially with a direct drive.

I wasn’t meaning to move the cables.  When you pull the boat into the lift, you use the cables as a guide in reference to a spot on your windshield to make sure you don’t go too far forward with the boat.

I recommend taking a cruise around the lake and looking at how any other direct drive lifts are configured to give a good idea how it is done.

• 2 weeks later...

I almost have mine done. I went a little different route so I could get more clearance from the cross beams. 

I would like to share a picture. Is there any way besides a url?

Edited by TanklessPro
1 hour ago, TanklessPro said:

I almost have mine done. I went a little different route so I could get more clearance from the cross beams. 

I would like to share a picture. Is there any way besides a url?

You can link google pics folder, or any other photo sharing site, or become a supporter, take advantage of discounts for gear, and upload photos right from your phhone!